Covid 19 and GCSEs

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    purplehighlighter15 / Sep 25 2020 21.49

These last couple of months have been the hardest in my life and feel like I’m never happy and I never will because I’m so overwhelmed with exams and corona virus.  I feel like my life is so uncertain because of corona and I have no idea what could happen with my GCSEs so I can’t even be prepared for anything. Also I feel like I’m constantly on edge being at school because I feel like I’m either going to catch or spread corona.

I don’t want to talk to anyone I know about how I feel, but I also just want people to just know how I feel (which I know is stupid)

2. Sheep
    PandaPorridge1 / Oct 05 2020 22.24

Hi, I know how you feel. I have got my gcses this school year and i am so worried for the whole aspect of it. These last couple months have been really hard for me too, i have pretty shabby mental health, with really bad anxiety and stress issues, i also get frequent panic attacks when i think about my workload or the future. My mum knows, and has been a tremendous help, she's helping me to practise mindfulness - i actually think it might be helping! I also know what you mean about not necessarily wanting to tell everybody around you, but letting someone know is important, perhaps let a parent/guardian know? You never know, they could be a real help. The covid aspect of your worries, all you can do, is do your part in helping to stop the spread: hand gel, face masks (unless you're exempt perhaps), social distancing, etc. That way you know that you're at least safer than people who do not bother with the covid regulations. I sometimes worry that i will catch it too, i have to try and remember that my age group are not at risk of severe cases, and most of the time are a-symptomatic. I am a worrier too. I am happy to talk more with you - since we're experiencing similar worries.

P.S Letting people know is not stupid - i know what you mean - getting it off your chest can be so relieving.

3. Sheep
    purplehighlighter15 / Sep 25 2020 21.49

These last couple of months have been the hardest in my life and feel like I’m never happy and I never will because I’m so overwhelmed with exams and corona virus.  I feel like my life is so uncertain because of corona and I have no idea what could happen with my GCSEs so I can’t even be prepared for anything. Also I feel like I’m constantly on edge being at school because I feel like I’m either going to catch or spread corona.

I don’t want to talk to anyone I know about how I feel, but I also just want people to just know how I feel (which I know is stupid)

PandaPorridge1 / Oct 06 2020 17.24

Hi, I know how you feel. I have got my gcses this school year and i am so worried for the whole aspect of it. These last couple months have been really hard for me too, i have pretty shabby mental health, with really bad anxiety and stress issues, i also get frequent panic attacks when i think about my workload or the future. My mum knows, and has been a tremendous help, she's helping me to practise mindfulness - i actually think it might be helping! I also know what you mean about not necessarily wanting to tell everybody around you, but letting someone know is important, perhaps let a parent/guardian know? You never know, they could be a real help. The covid aspect of your worries, all you can do, is do your part in helping to stop the spread: hand gel, face masks (unless you're exempt perhaps), social distancing, etc. That way you know that you're at least safer than people who do not bother with the covid regulations. I sometimes worry that i will catch it too, i have to try and remember that my age group are not at risk of severe cases, and most of the time are a-symptomatic. I am a worrier too. I am happy to talk more with you - since we're experiencing similar worries.

P.S Letting people know is not stupid - i know what you mean - getting it off your chest can be so relieving.

P.P.S i thought i would 'quote it' so that you could see it easier.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything