Homophobic friend (really close friend)

Show
  1. Scientist
    Ecreasion / Sep 25 2020 21.20

Basically a couple of days ago I wad talking to my friend M and I discovered that he was homophobic and talking about or seeing gay people makes him uncomfortable.

Because Im bi its kinda an issue (im closeted btw). He is amazing in every other way so I dont think I can just cut him off. In our school theres a sort of girls speak to girls, boys speak to boys sort of thing so he obviously deals with people annoying him about being friends with me but he ignores them and continues being my friend. I want to find a way to educate him without completely destroying all of our friendship because I pushed his boundaries too much.

***unnecessary****

Btw I have 2 other really close friends and one best friend. I came out to my best friend and she was so supportive and I talk about my crush(girl) with her all the time! And my other close friend is really supportive too Im just not out to her yet.

****unnecessary bit over****

Id just like to find a way to educate him so that he can be more accepting because hes so important to me I really want to be able to talk to him about it xxx

maddie xxx

2. Newbie
    closetedthespianlesbian / Sep 27 2020 15.27

Ok so i'm in a similar position to you. i'm a girl, and all my friends are girls (well i go so a girls school). we have a lot of cliques in my class, although practically everyone is either friends or tolerates each other (lol🤣) In my group, a bunch of people are homophobic and that's an issue for me cos i'm a closeted lesbian. so whenever they say negative stuff about LGBT people (they mostly have problems with lesbians though 🙁) i just gently correct them because what they say is usually based on stereotypes and not true. it makes me feel a bit better and educates them a bit too. idk if this will help you, but i hope it does.

love, N

3. Scientist
    closetedthespianlesbian / Sep 27 2020 15.27

Ok so i'm in a similar position to you. i'm a girl, and all my friends are girls (well i go so a girls school). we have a lot of cliques in my class, although practically everyone is either friends or tolerates each other (lol🤣) In my group, a bunch of people are homophobic and that's an issue for me cos i'm a closeted lesbian. so whenever they say negative stuff about LGBT people (they mostly have problems with lesbians though 🙁) i just gently correct them because what they say is usually based on stereotypes and not true. it makes me feel a bit better and educates them a bit too. idk if this will help you, but i hope it does.

love, N

Ecreasion / Sep 27 2020 22.18

thanks x

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything