Hospital and recovery from anorexia

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    thewaves / Sep 23 2020 19.16

Hi my name is Sophie and I’m 15. I got diagnosed with anorexia nervosa 2 weeks ago and have just got back from hospital after being an impatient. At hospital I tried my best to eat because they were going to give me a feeding tube otherwise but now I’m at home I’m really struggling. I’m lonely and bored because I’m on bed rest. At hospital I was even more lonely and bored because my parents weren’t allowed to visit because of covid risks. I’m still coming to terms with my diagnosis and am still in denial that I have an eating disorder despite my very dangerous weight and the damage my body has taken. I really want to get back to school but I have to gain a load of weight for it to be healthy and I’m terrified. Any advice anyone? Sorry I know I’m a mess :/ hope you’re all ok

2. Childline Avatar
    Ada-ArmyStay / Sep 24 2020 18.20

Hi Sophie! i get how tough it probably is at the moment 💜💜 could you maybe speak to your parents aboit how you're feeling? i know that in loads of cases this might not work out, but its just an idea- also you could try and set little targets for yourself- even if the steps are tiny, you're still making progress! wishing you the best of luck, keep us updated if you want! 💕

3. Childline Avatar
    thewaves / Sep 24 2020 19.28

Hi Ada-ArmyStay thank you for replying to my post. I’ll try and listen to some of your advice. If anyone is interested in knowing how I’m doing then I’ll do updates it might help me process what’s going on. Anyways Hope you’re ok

S xx

4. Childline Avatar
    Itsmehere-yikes / Sep 29 2020 20.43

I think your doing great! This will be hard but we all believe in you I'd appreciate updates and remember you are strong and your still standing after everything you've been through ❤

5. Childline Avatar
    thewaves / Sep 30 2020 19.48

Thank you so much. Today’s been really hard because I moved up a stage on my meal plans. I’m still here though so that’s a good thing. I miss all my friends and school etc and just want to recover but the thought of recovery also terrifies me I hope you’re ok stay strong and keep on fighting S x

6. Heart
    thewaves / Sep 30 2020 19.48

Thank you so much. Today’s been really hard because I moved up a stage on my meal plans. I’m still here though so that’s a good thing. I miss all my friends and school etc and just want to recover but the thought of recovery also terrifies me I hope you’re ok stay strong and keep on fighting S x

Tryandsmiletodayx / Oct 01 2020 22.03

I'm glad that my reply was kind of useful (logged out of that account) you sound so sweet good job

7. Childline Avatar
    thewaves / Oct 04 2020 9.43

Aww thx I’m finally being allowed to join in 2 zoom lessons a day but am still on bed rest :(

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything