abuse

Reading this content might be upsetting and trigger difficult feelings and emotions if you have experienced these events or feelings in the past

Go to Physical Abuse

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    sophieeeeeee11111 / Sep 22 2020 23.29

my friend is being physically and mentally abused at home by her parents, and has been from a really young age. it has seriously affected her mentally and she potentially may be suicidal. I don't know what to do because I know that telling someone could potentially mean she gets put into care and I don't want to ruin her life because she has so much potential and I fear she may just get lost in the system and not get the help she needs.

2. Superstar
    Starry0-0 / Oct 26 2020 23.06

Well does she have anyone she can stay with? You can call the police, and let her stay with you. That is not ok and you have to tell someone, hope you consider this :)

3. Childline Avatar
    zubam001 / Dec 06 2020 11.38

hi my name is muhammad im also physically abused by my step mum because she hates me and also she never gets me anything could you give me some advice i want to tell my school but im to scared and like my other step brother has said i dont care what ever child tells school but if they do something wrong i will beat and and kill them especially if they tell school or anyone elde

4. Artist
    zubam001 / Dec 06 2020 11.38

hi my name is muhammad im also physically abused by my step mum because she hates me and also she never gets me anything could you give me some advice i want to tell my school but im to scared and like my other step brother has said i dont care what ever child tells school but if they do something wrong i will beat and and kill them especially if they tell school or anyone elde

creative20 / Jan 11 2021 16.25

Please tell an adult you trust, the best person to tell is a teacher or a childline counsellor or the police. If you tell a teacher or the police they can make sure that you don't have to live with your stepmum and family anymore. I am so sorry this is happening to you, please tell a teacher or the police I promise they will help. I completely understand if you are scared, yes your life will probably change if you tell someone but it would change to get so much better. Your brother will not be able to do anything to you because if you tell someone you will be safe. If you are worried you will have to keep living with your family for a bit, tell a friend first and ask if you can stay at their house for a while if you need to. Please tell someone, and come back to childline because it's always here for you.

5. Artist

my friend is being physically and mentally abused at home by her parents, and has been from a really young age. it has seriously affected her mentally and she potentially may be suicidal. I don't know what to do because I know that telling someone could potentially mean she gets put into care and I don't want to ruin her life because she has so much potential and I fear she may just get lost in the system and not get the help she needs.

creative20 / Jan 11 2021 16.30

The best thing to do for her is to tell someone, especially if you think she is in danger. She will probably move into a care home or get fostered or adopted, but if you are worried she will get lost in the system then is there a friend she can stay with? Would she be able to stay with you? If you're not sure, try asking your parents like "if I had a friend who was in danger and needed somewhere to stay would you let them stay with us?" If you're still worried, ask her how she would feel about an adult knowing and if she would prefer living in a care home/with a foster family. See what she says. But the best thing is probably to tell someone.

6. Childline Avatar

joeanhaww / Jan 27 2021 13.13

i am being emotionlly abused it is hard

7. Heart
    LivelyThinkingOtter9930 / Sep 19 2021 17.49

my mum is a nice person but alll she does is go on cause im so close with my cousin and all she does is mention her name even when were not talking about her and cause i defend my cousin cause my mum speaks bad on her name she hits me for it today she threw 2 bottles at me now i have a masssive bruise on my shoulder then she dragged me and tried to push medown the stairs she used to hit us wuth wooden spoons before she still does but rarley cause im older now and im able to contact the police threw my devices. Its just me and my 2 brothers my oldest brother is 15 and is tallerthan my mum and sometimes he hits her but shes to scared to do anything my younger brother is her favourite he does such bad things and causes so much trouble and she just tells him off realisticy im the only one that gethits and im sick of it it causesme so much pain

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything