need new friends :)

Show
  1. Outcast
    mrose65 / Sep 20 2020 2.33

hey! im a 15 year old girl and i was looking for some new friends. i currently have 1 'best friend', but shes not one bit supportive and always take the p out of me. i feel like im annoying when we hang out, like she doesnt want me there. when she says she misses me i always feel like shes just saying that. today, i dressed like an 'e-girl' for the first time because ive always liked the style but never had the confidence to actually wear it. i sent her a picture and she said nothing about it and changed the subject. i mean, dont get me wrong, i love her but i really cant have serious conversations with her, because i never know how shell react. my other bestfriend of 7 years randomly stopped talking to me a couple of weeks ago because i gave her advice and she didnt want to accept the truth. so shes ignored me now. i really miss having those friends that i can talk to when ive been shopping and show them what ive bought, or after ive been to the doctors and tell them what they said. heres a little background on me: like i said, im 15 and a girl. i go by she/her and im a lesbian (im pretty sure anyways ). im homeschooled and in year 11. ive recently been diagnosed with an eating disorder, which im struggling with a lot. im not the prettiest, im extremely insecure, but im working on that. i like billie eilish, pole dancing, and i own a small business. i come across as an introvert at first but when im comfortable around someone, i can be crazy ;). i was bullied in school for 2/3 years so i dont have many people that actually like me (i honestly have no clue what i did wrong). i like to think im a really kind person as i always checked up on my friends and gave them advice when they needed it. so if u wanna talk lmk ❤️

2. Butterfly
    Fireflies1897 / Sep 20 2020 14.37

Heyy

Ah that sounds really tough, poor you! It's so difficult having friends like that, especially when you have a lot of history and feel a sort of duty to be loyal to them... I know this is really hard to do but do you think you could sometimes tell her when she upsets you? She may not react well to it but it would definitely help her grow as a person!

I totally agree that you need new friends, you sound like a really lovely person! I'm sorry your other friend cut you off, it was very brave of you to give her that advice though and I'm sure she'll realise you were right at some point. Do you have any hobbies or ways you could get to know people in your community?

I'm always here to talk if you need to rant or just chat, I know what it feels like x

My name is Gracie btw, I'm 17 and I love music, singing, playing the ukulele, reading... I'm very chatty (maybe too much!!) and I love dogs!

Hope you have a good day, look after yourself

Gracie xx

3. Outcast
    Fireflies1897 / Sep 20 2020 14.37

Heyy

Ah that sounds really tough, poor you! It's so difficult having friends like that, especially when you have a lot of history and feel a sort of duty to be loyal to them... I know this is really hard to do but do you think you could sometimes tell her when she upsets you? She may not react well to it but it would definitely help her grow as a person!

I totally agree that you need new friends, you sound like a really lovely person! I'm sorry your other friend cut you off, it was very brave of you to give her that advice though and I'm sure she'll realise you were right at some point. Do you have any hobbies or ways you could get to know people in your community?

I'm always here to talk if you need to rant or just chat, I know what it feels like x

My name is Gracie btw, I'm 17 and I love music, singing, playing the ukulele, reading... I'm very chatty (maybe too much!!) and I love dogs!

Hope you have a good day, look after yourself

Gracie xx

mrose65 / Sep 21 2020 13.15

Hi Gracie, thank you so much for replying xx

ive tried speaking to her before but she just turns it into an argument. shes not really a supportive friend and she doesnt like it when shes wrong.

the other friend who cut me off started talking to me again yesterday which im happy about because we spoke about the advice i gave her, and turns out she took it. she apologised for not texting me as she had problems at home.

i do pole dancing but not many people my age do it around here😂 i would love to start something new but im really not confident (i know that sounds stupid as im a pole dancer😂). i dont like meeting new groups of people as i always feel left out and unwanted. i think ill look into different classes around here. i know that theres an aerial arts class opening sometime this year so ill probably join that.

thank you again for replying, i really appreciate it. i love music too! i play piano. you seem like a lovely person. im here for you too if u need to rant haha.

M xx

4. Childline Avatar
    Anythingbuttemprary / Sep 21 2020 19.37

hey x

im also 15 amd recently came out to ppl as bi. im struggling w my parents as i hate them and me and my best freund are also in a bit of a rough patch.

i would love to make new freinds and im rlly happy i saw ur thread. lmao pole dancing sounds great its rlly athletic which is cool- plus what business do u run? ive always wanted to run a cafe /food business but never got roumd to it.

xx

5. Butterfly
    mrose65 / Sep 21 2020 13.15

Hi Gracie, thank you so much for replying xx

ive tried speaking to her before but she just turns it into an argument. shes not really a supportive friend and she doesnt like it when shes wrong.

the other friend who cut me off started talking to me again yesterday which im happy about because we spoke about the advice i gave her, and turns out she took it. she apologised for not texting me as she had problems at home.

i do pole dancing but not many people my age do it around here😂 i would love to start something new but im really not confident (i know that sounds stupid as im a pole dancer😂). i dont like meeting new groups of people as i always feel left out and unwanted. i think ill look into different classes around here. i know that theres an aerial arts class opening sometime this year so ill probably join that.

thank you again for replying, i really appreciate it. i love music too! i play piano. you seem like a lovely person. im here for you too if u need to rant haha.

M xx

Fireflies1897 / Sep 22 2020 18.57

hi again xx

Ahh she really doesn't sound like a supportive friend but well done you for trying to have that conversation, that's really brave and mature! I would advise you to just try to distance yourself from her slightly, even if it's just mentally reminding yourself not to take what she says personally or trying to counteract her negativity in your head x

Aw I'm so glad about that!

Wow that's so cool, my friend does a bit of pole dancing (although she's more into aerial silks) and it always looks very hard! Ahh I totally get what you're mean, it's always hard being the new person, especially when lots of people already know each other. I guess you could counteract that by doing something where everyone will be new, that could be a new club that's just started up or some kind of summer camp thing? But I know that's probably equally scary! Good luck with it though and don't push yourself too hard, lovely people like you will eventually find their group! Also, try to keep it in perspective, I've found that the older I get, the nicer people are and more inclusive, I think it's really hard being a teenager when everyone is so insecure and wants to be 'popular', so things will get better!!

Ah I wish I could play piano but I struggle with making my hands do two different things at once

Thank you so much!

Gracie xx

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything