Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Prijah / Sep 13 2020 14.03

Hi, I need help on my 11+ exam. My parents keep forcing me to do loads of practice and I end up doing 5+ hours of work each day. Please can you tell me some good exam tips. Thanks

2. Flower
    beelikesgirls / Sep 19 2020 11.43

i did the AQE and my advice would be to not get too stressed about it. if you have a good average score in your practice tests, just do what you would usually do and you should be fine.

3. Flower

Hi, I need help on my 11+ exam. My parents keep forcing me to do loads of practice and I end up doing 5+ hours of work each day. Please can you tell me some good exam tips. Thanks

Positive-Pumpkin / Oct 30 2020 21.49

Hiya,

My parents did exactly this to me too!! Don't worry, it will all be fine. I know it can get too much but what helped me was asking my parents to lower the amount. I said that if I could get high marks I wouldn't need that much practice. I did manage to pass, and achieved really high, so I guess it payed off.

Just focus on your practice tests and take time for yourself. When you do have the time do something you enjoy to make you feel better.

I hope this helped x

4. Childline Avatar
    Positive-Pumpkin / Oct 30 2020 21.49

Hiya,

My parents did exactly this to me too!! Don't worry, it will all be fine. I know it can get too much but what helped me was asking my parents to lower the amount. I said that if I could get high marks I wouldn't need that much practice. I did manage to pass, and achieved really high, so I guess it payed off.

Just focus on your practice tests and take time for yourself. When you do have the time do something you enjoy to make you feel better.

I hope this helped x

Prijah / Nov 26 2020 16.00

Thanks for the info!

Luckily i passed both my exams . This really helped me out.

Thank u sooo much

5. Superstar
    Prijah / Nov 26 2020 16.00

Thanks for the info!

Luckily i passed both my exams . This really helped me out.

Thank u sooo much

RuRuRabbit11 / Mar 06 2021 9.47

Hi,I’m 10 at the mo and do u have any other ways u think u passed?

how hard was it?

srry im rlly stressed and nervous

~RuRu

6. Childline Avatar
    RuRuRabbit11 / Mar 06 2021 9.47

Hi,I’m 10 at the mo and do u have any other ways u think u passed?

how hard was it?

srry im rlly stressed and nervous

~RuRu

Prijah / Apr 05 2021 21.53

Sorry bout the late reply (this might not be helpful anymore!)

If you are really stressed, ask your parents to take u to a mock exam. They underline most of the key bits.

TBH, it wasn't too hard, just a bit stressful. Don't worry about what'll happen on the day, think positive!

7. Superstar
    RuRuRabbit11 / Apr 13 2021 21.37

<div>Thank you! This was helpful and Im now going to mock tests;

8. Supported

IssyWizzy19 / Apr 25 2021 21.38

dont worry! I just went through all of that and I got into a school (i am in yr7). It feels like torture but I do not regret it, just get it over and done with and u will be so thankful when u get older. Also if its too stressful, then tell them and ask to do like 3 hours

9. Childline Avatar
    IssyWizzy19 / Apr 25 2021 21.38

dont worry! I just went through all of that and I got into a school (i am in yr7). It feels like torture but I do not regret it, just get it over and done with and u will be so thankful when u get older. Also if its too stressful, then tell them and ask to do like 3 hours

Prijah / Jun 05 2021 18.09

Thanks for the reply but ive already taken the tests

10. Bookworm
    Unique-Person01 / Aug 28 2021 10.37

Hi, I'm currently 10, and I'm turning 11 in September. I'm sitting for the 11+ Exam and hoping to get into a grammar school. My parents booked 5 mock exams for me, and I thought I would ace them, seeing as my practice and studying has been going really well. I did pretty good on them, but not as good as I'd hoped. I have my last mock Exam this Sunday, then it's the real one. My highest score on the mock exams was 84% and my lowest was 70%. I'm hoping to get over 90% in the real one, but now I'm terrified because I haven't been achieving my ideal score in the mocks! Please help, I'm so nervous and the exam is in less than 2 weeks!

11. Contemplator
    Unique-Person01 / Aug 28 2021 10.37

Hi, I'm currently 10, and I'm turning 11 in September. I'm sitting for the 11+ Exam and hoping to get into a grammar school. My parents booked 5 mock exams for me, and I thought I would ace them, seeing as my practice and studying has been going really well. I did pretty good on them, but not as good as I'd hoped. I have my last mock Exam this Sunday, then it's the real one. My highest score on the mock exams was 84% and my lowest was 70%. I'm hoping to get over 90% in the real one, but now I'm terrified because I haven't been achieving my ideal score in the mocks! Please help, I'm so nervous and the exam is in less than 2 weeks!

BuddyBooToYou / Aug 28 2021 11.17

Hey don't stress yourself. I actually did quite bad on my mock exam and got the lowest out of a group of people. It was quite upsetting. But I was luckily able to patch up a lot of things and did really well on the 11+! I also managed to get into a good grammar school. I was so happy. Trust me, don't overthink it. My tips are to at least guess if you don't get a question. I overthinked a question and realised last second it was wrong. Always check your answers if you have time. Keep an eye on the time.

When the test was coming near. In the last few days, I did lots of really challenging and quite long papers my dad printed out. I think those papers my add printed out were harder than the test itself. My mum told me that worrying wouldn't help and I really tried to relax myself.

Trust me, your mocks won't decide your score.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything