Is this normal?

Show
  1. Outcast
    bluegecko / Sep 13 2020 1.00

so my dads not hurting me or anything but hes really strict and christian and i just want to know if this is like normal for a parent to treat their kid like this: 1- no makeup,handbags,high heels,hair extensions,nails done,straightning hair or anything like that. 2-nothing to do with lgbt+ in my entire life, unless its being homophobic (which i really truly dont want to be). legit he made a comment about the australian fires saying they deserved it because of lgbt+ rights. no lgbt+ friends, and if i am ever a part of the community he is (by the bible i think) allowed to throw stones at me or disown me or whatever. 3- if i want to marry someone or even be with someone they HAVE to be christian or im not allowed. 4- when i grow up im not allowed to chat back to my husband, all i have to do is cook, clean, have children i dont want, and im not allowed to leave him UNLESS hes cheating, if hes abusive im not allowed, but if I am hes allowed to dump me (my dad is sexist, racist and homophobic) 5- no piercings, tattoos, or any sort of change to my body. 6- i have to do everything my dad tells me and if i dont or if i stand up to him he tries to make me regret it and he shouts or whatever and says ill go to hell. so uh is this normal? or like more importantly is this right?

2. Heart
    Vaniglia / Sep 14 2020 15.54

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,before reading what I think about this just remember that you are beautiful,amazing and you have done a great job by talking about this. I'm soooooo proud of you.

Well..I think your father is really really toxic and by the way he's controlling you,your friends,your partners and even your future,I think it could be emotional abuse... They had a bloggy thing about it in the info and advice section,here at Childline. Maybe you should check it out and get some advice by an adult about that..

Just remember that you're a beautiful,fantastic queen.

I love you so so so muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

3. Coolcat
    bluegecko / Sep 13 2020 1.00

so my dads not hurting me or anything but hes really strict and christian and i just want to know if this is like normal for a parent to treat their kid like this: 1- no makeup,handbags,high heels,hair extensions,nails done,straightning hair or anything like that. 2-nothing to do with lgbt+ in my entire life, unless its being homophobic (which i really truly dont want to be). legit he made a comment about the australian fires saying they deserved it because of lgbt+ rights. no lgbt+ friends, and if i am ever a part of the community he is (by the bible i think) allowed to throw stones at me or disown me or whatever. 3- if i want to marry someone or even be with someone they HAVE to be christian or im not allowed. 4- when i grow up im not allowed to chat back to my husband, all i have to do is cook, clean, have children i dont want, and im not allowed to leave him UNLESS hes cheating, if hes abusive im not allowed, but if I am hes allowed to dump me (my dad is sexist, racist and homophobic) 5- no piercings, tattoos, or any sort of change to my body. 6- i have to do everything my dad tells me and if i dont or if i stand up to him he tries to make me regret it and he shouts or whatever and says ill go to hell. so uh is this normal? or like more importantly is this right?

JalapenoFace / Sep 19 2020 17.26

Hi there

My dad (and me and the rest of my family) are Christians as well. Your 1st point is kind of similar to me, except my dad hasn't banned hair straightening or hand bags. I agree with him (and I haven't been brainwashed!), but I didn't until about 2 years ago.

Also, I don't really know if you meant your tone to be that way (cos we're not talking face to face) but there isn't anything wrong with being Christian????

4. Outcast
    Vaniglia / Sep 14 2020 15.54

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,before reading what I think about this just remember that you are beautiful,amazing and you have done a great job by talking about this. I'm soooooo proud of you.

Well..I think your father is really really toxic and by the way he's controlling you,your friends,your partners and even your future,I think it could be emotional abuse... They had a bloggy thing about it in the info and advice section,here at Childline. Maybe you should check it out and get some advice by an adult about that..

Just remember that you're a beautiful,fantastic queen.

I love you so so so muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

bluegecko / Sep 24 2020 16.34

hey xx

i try to think its not abuse. my mum knows because he was horrid to her when they were married, and not treating her like me, but he was horrid. so when i told her she didnt really get bothered by it, all she really says is like yep thats your dad. she once called social services on him because i would come back from his crying because he‚d say stuff like how im going to hell, but they didnt do much because she asked them not to, since if she did they would go to him and tell him about my s/h, which i dont want.

thank you x

5. Outcast
    JalapenoFace / Sep 19 2020 17.26

Hi there

My dad (and me and the rest of my family) are Christians as well. Your 1st point is kind of similar to me, except my dad hasn't banned hair straightening or hand bags. I agree with him (and I haven't been brainwashed!), but I didn't until about 2 years ago.

Also, I don't really know if you meant your tone to be that way (cos we're not talking face to face) but there isn't anything wrong with being Christian????

bluegecko / Sep 24 2020 17.14

hello xx

im sorry if it came off that way, theres nothing wrong with being christian :( x

yeah, my dad is really tough on people anyway, like for example im not allowed short hair or i look ”gay” and im not allowed to try and make myself look pretty because thats ”only for ugly girls”

but when we go to town he sees girls without makeup and says stuff like ”eww shes ugly”

so theres nothing wrong with christianity, i think a lot of what my dad says comes from his personality.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything