Extreme needle phobia

Show
  1. Artist
    System747 / Sep 06 2020 22.25

I have ptsd from having an injection last year. No joke. I litterally just had the worst flashback ever and re experienced it.

And I have braces and have to get 2 teeth removed. More needles.

And I have to get my top up for my hpv shot in year 9 which is the one I got ptsd from.

And hearing about a coronavirus shot makes me have panic attacks and cry and scream and relive the shot last year. I can't have a covid shot. I just can't.

Its so scary, I had to cover up a picture of a needle in science class and we have to Dissect things in year 9 and I am never going to be able to deal with anything dead or anything like a scalpel. I'm too scared. Even thinking about it is giving me flashbacks.

I'm so scared. Sharp things are everywhere. Its terrifying. Help me. Everyone says I'm overreacting and to suck it up, but I can't. I really can't. It's so terrifying it's impossible. I get flashbacks from pictures, nevermind the real thing. I can't do it. I can't get the shots. I need help. I have to relive it everyday. Help. Please.

2. Bursting
    Positive-Pumpkin / Oct 28 2020 22.52

Hey,

This is really bad, I hope you are ok x

If it helps, I had a bad injection once. I fainted and my brother lost his breathing from our travel vaccines a few years ago. I had my hpv injection in September, and i had a panic attack and a flashback too. I really wanted to cry but no tears came and i was just silent. I personally think i held it together pretty well (of course, others didn't think so and called me a baby for panicking over a little injection).

I also get flashbacks at just looking at pictures of syringes. If i see one, i whimper and my heart races and i start to feel faint.

I totally understand what you mean by people saying you are 'overreacting'. THEY SAY THIS TO ME TOO.

Please I want you to know you are not alone, I feel the exact same way x

Hopefully we can find help together xx

-Primarina

3. Artist
    Positive-Pumpkin / Oct 28 2020 22.52

Hey,

This is really bad, I hope you are ok x

If it helps, I had a bad injection once. I fainted and my brother lost his breathing from our travel vaccines a few years ago. I had my hpv injection in September, and i had a panic attack and a flashback too. I really wanted to cry but no tears came and i was just silent. I personally think i held it together pretty well (of course, others didn't think so and called me a baby for panicking over a little injection).

I also get flashbacks at just looking at pictures of syringes. If i see one, i whimper and my heart races and i start to feel faint.

I totally understand what you mean by people saying you are 'overreacting'. THEY SAY THIS TO ME TOO.

Please I want you to know you are not alone, I feel the exact same way x

Hopefully we can find help together xx

-Primarina

System747 / Oct 30 2020 23.04

OH MY GOODNESS I THOUGHT I WAS ALONE! I am so happy I found someone else who experiences this. I think when I'm getting a shot, I will think of you. Remind myself that someone else is going through the same thing, and that I need to do it for them. Thank you.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything