What do boys wear?

Show
  1. Sheep
    giraffeplayinggolf / Sep 01 2020 20.33

hi im having gender dysphoria and so i want to know what an average boy has in his wardrobe? i dont know what clothes an average cool looking teen boy wears? also what trousers instead of jeans? i dont like jeans. where do you shop?

thanks

2. Bursting
    The-star / Sep 06 2020 15.44

hey im Reign and im trans ftm.

boys usually wear tracksuits, or shorts.

maybe get like tshirts that are like darker colours like greys, black or whites. you could also wear checkered shirts cos some boys wear that or branded shirts or hoodies

teen boys dont really wear trousers that often mostly jeans sometimes with holes in the knees but i know you dont like that.

where to shop? um it really depends where you live, but JD , Next , hollister or asos are good places to shop for clothes.

Good luck 👍

3. Lion
    BennyWithABlackSuit / Sep 06 2020 19.33

Hello I'm Benny I'm a trans guy too (I go by he/they).

I probably don't speak for the majority of guys out there because my taste in fashion is kind of... ahem... not 'cool' according to most folks but what I do love suits (such as tailcoats and waistcoats). I also really love steampunk, that plays a huge part in my fashion sense. I also wear the occasional zipper jackets and emo clothing (I love emo, formal and steampunk okay leave me alone).

What I see most guys wear are usually hoodies and jackets and stuff like that. I'd say sports shops are where you'd find that sort of stuff. I think stuff like those stripped trousers which are kind of flared at the ankle are what I see, such as tracksuit bottoms if you don't like jeans (who does?).

This probably doesn't help but oh well, sorry.

-Benny

4. Sheep
    giraffeplayinggolf / Sep 06 2020 20.09

thanks mate thats really useful

5. Sheep
    BennyWithABlackSuit / Sep 06 2020 19.33

Hello I'm Benny I'm a trans guy too (I go by he/they).

I probably don't speak for the majority of guys out there because my taste in fashion is kind of... ahem... not 'cool' according to most folks but what I do love suits (such as tailcoats and waistcoats). I also really love steampunk, that plays a huge part in my fashion sense. I also wear the occasional zipper jackets and emo clothing (I love emo, formal and steampunk okay leave me alone).

What I see most guys wear are usually hoodies and jackets and stuff like that. I'd say sports shops are where you'd find that sort of stuff. I think stuff like those stripped trousers which are kind of flared at the ankle are what I see, such as tracksuit bottoms if you don't like jeans (who does?).

This probably doesn't help but oh well, sorry.

-Benny

giraffeplayinggolf / Sep 06 2020 20.49

also thankyou as well! that helped a lot!

6. Sheep
    giraffeplayinggolf / Sep 06 2020 20.49

also thankyou as well! that helped a lot!

giraffeplayinggolf / Sep 06 2020 20.59

also maybe im stupid and no one does this now i dont know but how often do you wear suits? in old programmes people wear suits every day, do you just wear a suit like to weddings and stuff? do most guys own a suit? also do you have any tips on transitioning? I really suck at looking like a boy, i went out to a resturant in boys clothes and i have short ish hair and i totally thought i passed for a guy then the waiter guy called me love and i realised i had failed. maybe my hair is too feminine, i dont know. i wish i looked like noah fincce or something, can you give me any advice?

7. Lion
    giraffeplayinggolf / Sep 06 2020 20.59

also maybe im stupid and no one does this now i dont know but how often do you wear suits? in old programmes people wear suits every day, do you just wear a suit like to weddings and stuff? do most guys own a suit? also do you have any tips on transitioning? I really suck at looking like a boy, i went out to a resturant in boys clothes and i have short ish hair and i totally thought i passed for a guy then the waiter guy called me love and i realised i had failed. maybe my hair is too feminine, i dont know. i wish i looked like noah fincce or something, can you give me any advice?

BennyWithABlackSuit / Sep 07 2020 16.27

You're not stupid don't worry. I don't just wear suits on special events, I just wear them when I feel like it. I would say that most guys would at least own one suit for formal events, such as the ones you mentioned. I don't think I'm full of the best stuff when it comes to trendy guys' clothes I tend to ramble on about myself, sorry about that. I am pre-pre-PRE everything when it comes to transitioning, I can't present as male due to the circumstances I am currently in (cough strict parents cough). You mentioned your hair looking feminine, maybe you could get shorter hair such as an undercut if you haven't already, that's the sort haircut I would like. I understand why you'd want to look like Noahfinnce ha ha. Other than that I have no true advice, sorry, I'm struggling here myself. Jammidodger has some good advice though, if you don't watch his videos already then I recommend them.

-Benny

8. Childline Avatar
    Temporary73613085 / Sep 27 2020 11.26

You could get pinterest and search up guy's outfits. I'd say just go with clothes you're comfortable in, not just what everyone is wearing.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything