Anorexia and meal plans

Show
  1. Graduate
    bonkerbananas123 / Aug 30 2020 11.10

Hi, So I’m almost weigh restored from following my mealplan, I’m only a couple of pounds off but my ED team decided to keep me on the same mealplan and it’s so difficult as I no longer feel like I deserve the food as I’m at a healthy weight now. It just feels like I’m going to gain weight for ages and it’s making me really depressed. Aswell, a lot of hair is coming out and I’m so scared of losing it all and I’ve taken my dieticians advice of taking vitamins. But seeing so much hair come out makes me want to give up so much as well. Does anyone have tips with hair loss?

I’m also quite anxious about returning to school as I developed anorexia over quarantine so no teachers know about it and only a few friends. I’m allowed to go in 3 days a week but I’m so worried about being judged and people not believing I have anorexia and making it up as I’m now weight restored.

I’m so anxious and depressed. Thank you all x

2. Childline Avatar
    thewaves / Sep 01 2020 15.01

Hi firstly I want to say congratulations on almost making it to a healthy weight I definitely get why you would be anxious though. I suggest speaking to your dieticians if possible about what happens after you get to a healthy weight about adjusting your meal plan so you maintain that healthy weight. The most important thing to remember is that your body deserves the nourishment regardless your weight (easier said than done I know). As for the hair loss I take vitamins too for it and it took a while but my hair did grow back so I hope yours does to. If it does continue to fall out you could look into some hats/scarves/wigs and find something you like. I’m also terrified about returning to school because nobody knows about my eating disorder. I suggest you maybe get your parents/doctors to email your teachers just to let them know about your circumstances and tell whoever you feel comfortable with telling eg a few close friends that can form a support network. You don’t have to tell anyone else if you don’t want to. I hope it all goes well for you

S x

3. Loser
    Bellatrix-Lestrange / Sep 01 2020 19.43

Hi! I understand how you feel. It's amazing that you are now at a healthy weight. I have been losing a lot of hair aswell. I recommend maybe using oil ie argan oil etc on your hair as it will make it stronger. You do deserve food to grow and to get stronger. You should eat as it will help your hair and your body. I'm quite similar to you and the lovely person who replied above me as I'm also really scared if going to school again. I feel like I won't look nice , or be skinny or just look normal. And I came out to my friend so that has impacted me alot. Again like the lovely person who replied to you above me has said, you could try and look into wigs hats etc but also look at different hair styles that could cover up some of the places where your hair has fallen out ie a high ponytail. Just try and maybe eat things that you like, and everything you should for example carbs, fruit and vegetables, dairy. I do know it's easier said than done but just remember, your body needs food otherwise you won't grow and develop. You could ask your parents about contacting the school again like the lovely person above me has said. I hope everything goes well at school! I go to school next week and I'm worried.

Best of luck and I hope you stay safe! 🦋

Mo (Molly) x

4. Small
    bonkerbananas123 / Aug 30 2020 11.10

Hi, So I’m almost weigh restored from following my mealplan, I’m only a couple of pounds off but my ED team decided to keep me on the same mealplan and it’s so difficult as I no longer feel like I deserve the food as I’m at a healthy weight now. It just feels like I’m going to gain weight for ages and it’s making me really depressed. Aswell, a lot of hair is coming out and I’m so scared of losing it all and I’ve taken my dieticians advice of taking vitamins. But seeing so much hair come out makes me want to give up so much as well. Does anyone have tips with hair loss?

I’m also quite anxious about returning to school as I developed anorexia over quarantine so no teachers know about it and only a few friends. I’m allowed to go in 3 days a week but I’m so worried about being judged and people not believing I have anorexia and making it up as I’m now weight restored.

I’m so anxious and depressed. Thank you all x

mabinogion / Sep 01 2020 22.13

ask for them to start reducing it, my team was reducing it once i started to get to the upper end of underweight, you can also ask them to take you off any supplement drinks if u take them. mine reduced mine still after i was about average in healthy, but it was still too much for my body and i conrinued gaining weight until i was verging on overweight, so i had to start reducing it myself so i wouldnt be overweight, but im still verging on overweight now bc of my familys unhealthy eating habits and lack of exercise bc of covid :)) if u do end up having to reduce it urself tho dont do it too dramatically, not for you to lose weoght just for you to not gain 2kg a week when u dont need to gain anything anymore x

5. Graduate
    thewaves / Sep 01 2020 15.01

Hi firstly I want to say congratulations on almost making it to a healthy weight I definitely get why you would be anxious though. I suggest speaking to your dieticians if possible about what happens after you get to a healthy weight about adjusting your meal plan so you maintain that healthy weight. The most important thing to remember is that your body deserves the nourishment regardless your weight (easier said than done I know). As for the hair loss I take vitamins too for it and it took a while but my hair did grow back so I hope yours does to. If it does continue to fall out you could look into some hats/scarves/wigs and find something you like. I’m also terrified about returning to school because nobody knows about my eating disorder. I suggest you maybe get your parents/doctors to email your teachers just to let them know about your circumstances and tell whoever you feel comfortable with telling eg a few close friends that can form a support network. You don’t have to tell anyone else if you don’t want to. I hope it all goes well for you

S x

bonkerbananas123 / Sep 05 2020 13.56

Thankyou!

We spoke about it and we are having an 8 week follow up after! That is ages away so I am quite unsure as they said if I lose weight then they will take me out of school etc. I am trying my best, thankyou for your encouragement though!

The hairloss is so hard to cope with and seeing it come out makes me stress even more. The doctors have emailed and posted a letter to my school and my CAMHS workers are calling school about it too.

I appreciate your reply and i hope everything goes well for you too! x

6. Graduate
    Bellatrix-Lestrange / Sep 01 2020 19.43

Hi! I understand how you feel. It's amazing that you are now at a healthy weight. I have been losing a lot of hair aswell. I recommend maybe using oil ie argan oil etc on your hair as it will make it stronger. You do deserve food to grow and to get stronger. You should eat as it will help your hair and your body. I'm quite similar to you and the lovely person who replied above me as I'm also really scared if going to school again. I feel like I won't look nice , or be skinny or just look normal. And I came out to my friend so that has impacted me alot. Again like the lovely person who replied to you above me has said, you could try and look into wigs hats etc but also look at different hair styles that could cover up some of the places where your hair has fallen out ie a high ponytail. Just try and maybe eat things that you like, and everything you should for example carbs, fruit and vegetables, dairy. I do know it's easier said than done but just remember, your body needs food otherwise you won't grow and develop. You could ask your parents about contacting the school again like the lovely person above me has said. I hope everything goes well at school! I go to school next week and I'm worried.

Best of luck and I hope you stay safe! 🦋

Mo (Molly) x

bonkerbananas123 / Sep 05 2020 14.00

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions, I have been trying a hair growth shampoo, conditioner and serum so hopefully that will workout. I will probably go to school with a low ponytail or low bun. I am just anxious that I will lose so much hair that this wont be possible anymore.

I am on a mealplan but I really appericate your suggestions. I'm trying my best to eat a variety of foods.

I hope that you have a great time at school, you'll be ok! We both go this x

7. Graduate
    mabinogion / Sep 01 2020 22.13

ask for them to start reducing it, my team was reducing it once i started to get to the upper end of underweight, you can also ask them to take you off any supplement drinks if u take them. mine reduced mine still after i was about average in healthy, but it was still too much for my body and i conrinued gaining weight until i was verging on overweight, so i had to start reducing it myself so i wouldnt be overweight, but im still verging on overweight now bc of my familys unhealthy eating habits and lack of exercise bc of covid :)) if u do end up having to reduce it urself tho dont do it too dramatically, not for you to lose weoght just for you to not gain 2kg a week when u dont need to gain anything anymore x

bonkerbananas123 / Sep 05 2020 14.01

I might do soon as I am not fully weight restored but almost there! That is a good idea though, thank you!

I hope you're doing ok x

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything