Am I a young carer?

Show
  1. Headphones
    Scientific-Potato / Aug 27 2020 23.07

hello,

Im not sure at the moment if me and my siblings are young carers because both my parents got injured (quite badly) a few weeks ago and we have to look after them (help them up/down stairs, go shopping, washing up, cleaning) as they cant.

However, theyre meant to have revovered by next year so we’ll only have to look after them for a few months.

Does this make us young carers and if it does, is there anything we have to do (tell school and stuff)?

2. Loser
    sadDinosaurrrr / Aug 31 2020 18.27

hey babes,

i am a young carer and this is what i have to do so yeah youre a young carer for the time being yes

telling school is a good idea incase you need extra support.

you can ask questions if needs be xx

3. Spiralling
    Scientific-Potato / Aug 27 2020 23.07

hello,

Im not sure at the moment if me and my siblings are young carers because both my parents got injured (quite badly) a few weeks ago and we have to look after them (help them up/down stairs, go shopping, washing up, cleaning) as they cant.

However, theyre meant to have revovered by next year so we’ll only have to look after them for a few months.

Does this make us young carers and if it does, is there anything we have to do (tell school and stuff)?

Jessyyy9 / Sep 05 2020 22.09

tell the school, but make sure you tell them when your parents have recovered fully :) xx

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything