Voices telling me things

Show
  1. Artist
    System747 / Aug 26 2020 21.50

So today I went to lunch with my grandparents. It was lovely and we had a lovely meal. But the whole time my brain was telling me to stop eating and it wasn't really satisfying to eat. I just tasted calories. And, when we had tea, it took me an hour to eat because of this voice telling me "stop eating" and "you'll only gain weight". When I had dessert because it is out dessert day this week, this voice in my head was telling me "don't have anything" and "just grab a drink" even though I knew I wanted a cupcake. I forced myself (my hand was shaking and resisting as I picked it up) to pick it up and just eat it but again, I just tasted... Calories. I feel sick thinking of food in my stomach now and my brain is telling me to throw it up even though I am terrified of throwing up. I need advice, this voice won't go away and even now is telling me that I'm fine and to stop typing. I'm scared. Help!

2. Gamer

So today I went to lunch with my grandparents. It was lovely and we had a lovely meal. But the whole time my brain was telling me to stop eating and it wasn't really satisfying to eat. I just tasted calories. And, when we had tea, it took me an hour to eat because of this voice telling me "stop eating" and "you'll only gain weight". When I had dessert because it is out dessert day this week, this voice in my head was telling me "don't have anything" and "just grab a drink" even though I knew I wanted a cupcake. I forced myself (my hand was shaking and resisting as I picked it up) to pick it up and just eat it but again, I just tasted... Calories. I feel sick thinking of food in my stomach now and my brain is telling me to throw it up even though I am terrified of throwing up. I need advice, this voice won't go away and even now is telling me that I'm fine and to stop typing. I'm scared. Help!

Temporary24968377 / Aug 28 2020 16.43

hey i understand completely where your coming from and just wanted to remind you that your not alone no matter what and no matter what your head tells you, you never will be. you are more than good enough. im not very good with advice but i struggle with the same thing and am still trying to come to terms with the fact that there is so much more too food and my weight but i get that voice in my head too. the best thing to do is too keep treating yourself with food you love and enjoy and dont restrict yourself to what you eat because you only have one life and you shouldnt beat yourself up over your weight another thing which you probably know is that if your full dont force anymore food or if your hungry dont resist and grab yourself a snack. i also find that when i dont eat it brings my mood down extremely and ok the days i manage to have something i have more energy and sometimes feel better mentally. anyways good luck and i hope it gets better and this helped a bit i wish you the best!! x

3. Artist
    Temporary24968377 / Aug 28 2020 16.43

hey i understand completely where your coming from and just wanted to remind you that your not alone no matter what and no matter what your head tells you, you never will be. you are more than good enough. im not very good with advice but i struggle with the same thing and am still trying to come to terms with the fact that there is so much more too food and my weight but i get that voice in my head too. the best thing to do is too keep treating yourself with food you love and enjoy and dont restrict yourself to what you eat because you only have one life and you shouldnt beat yourself up over your weight another thing which you probably know is that if your full dont force anymore food or if your hungry dont resist and grab yourself a snack. i also find that when i dont eat it brings my mood down extremely and ok the days i manage to have something i have more energy and sometimes feel better mentally. anyways good luck and i hope it gets better and this helped a bit i wish you the best!! x

System747 / Aug 31 2020 17.55

Thank you, the urge to throw my food back up is getting worse. I don't know what to do. It's like, it's a loop.

I wake up with the voice telling me to not eat.

I say no and eat anyway, but I have to really force myself and it gives me headaches.

I stress eat or just hungry eat during the day with a few snacks, but whenever I eat them the voice tells me to stop and fills me with guilt.

The voice tells me to throw it back up because of the guilt of not doing what it says. I

I'm so scared and I know I need to eat and it just gets worse and worse and I didn't eat a bit of my tea yesterday because of it. I'm so scared. I don't want to have an ed but I don't think I can stop it.

4. Childline Avatar

smile9265 / Sep 11 2020 20.40

Hey,

Its okay, i used to be like this and i still hear the voice sometimes. I always found it was almost like a constant battle between me and that voice. I started fighting back to the voice just like you did today, I would make myself eat but it all got too much for me mixing the voice with life as well, i found it easier just to stop eating. HOWEVER i started to lose a lot of weight and fast, I've never really weighted that much and I've always been very active. My family started to notice and that was when i talked to them about it. I was very lucky to have a close enough bond with my mum. I don't know how close you are to your family, if you are close and can trust them talk to them! Honestly that helped me, and at first my mum didn't believe i could hear anything and it was just me not eating. But once she understood it helped so much!

I would say don't pressure yourself to eat, but set yourself goals, keep eating, keep fighting that voice and i promise eventually it will go away even if its for a short amount of time it will go! Another thing i found that worked was talking to one of my very close friends! together we were able to set goals together which meant i was no longer fighting and eating for me but eating for her which for me made it easier to ignore the voice! Something else i found that worked was not thinking about eating when i was eating, so i would watch a program or do my homework when eating. but keeping myself distracted the voice was a lot more quite and i felt stronger than it!

Just remember your never alone! This isn't forever! You've got this! Keep smiling! Keeping eating! Keep talking!

Rose xx

5. Artist
    smile9265 / Sep 11 2020 20.40

Hey,

Its okay, i used to be like this and i still hear the voice sometimes. I always found it was almost like a constant battle between me and that voice. I started fighting back to the voice just like you did today, I would make myself eat but it all got too much for me mixing the voice with life as well, i found it easier just to stop eating. HOWEVER i started to lose a lot of weight and fast, I've never really weighted that much and I've always been very active. My family started to notice and that was when i talked to them about it. I was very lucky to have a close enough bond with my mum. I don't know how close you are to your family, if you are close and can trust them talk to them! Honestly that helped me, and at first my mum didn't believe i could hear anything and it was just me not eating. But once she understood it helped so much!

I would say don't pressure yourself to eat, but set yourself goals, keep eating, keep fighting that voice and i promise eventually it will go away even if its for a short amount of time it will go! Another thing i found that worked was talking to one of my very close friends! together we were able to set goals together which meant i was no longer fighting and eating for me but eating for her which for me made it easier to ignore the voice! Something else i found that worked was not thinking about eating when i was eating, so i would watch a program or do my homework when eating. but keeping myself distracted the voice was a lot more quite and i felt stronger than it!

Just remember your never alone! This isn't forever! You've got this! Keep smiling! Keeping eating! Keep talking!

Rose xx

System747 / Sep 26 2020 17.37

Hey guys, so I feel really bad today. I have been restricting for a while. I don't pack as much lunch as I need to. Only some crisps for break and a sandwich+some cucumber for lunch. And on Fridays (when I buy lunch) I only have a small thing of chips and crisps for break snack as usual. And I only eat 2 breakfast waffles for breakfast which is tiny. I eat all my tea but have started finding it hard to eat and deliberately getting smaller portions. Any help?

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything