I'm really nervous and sad

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Pelicany / Aug 25 2020 17.21

hi there, i hope you are well,

i am nervous talking about this but i need to talk about it,

i am going to start at the start. about five months ago (,before lockdown)my friend was going on holiday for three months to new zealand, i was sad she was going but i thought she would be back soon. then covid came and the couldnt come back. the have been there for almost double the time they thought. i can call her only one time a week, ( i used to see her almost every day) we cant call for long because one of us has to sleep. in a call she told me they might stay for longer even after lockdown. she said they might stay for a year. thisis really scaring me thst i wont see her for a year, i trust her with my life, she is my only friend i trust that much... sorry if this was longi need advice on what to do

stay safe everyone

2. Childline Avatar
    Pelicany / Aug 25 2020 17.21

hi there, i hope you are well,

i am nervous talking about this but i need to talk about it,

i am going to start at the start. about five months ago (,before lockdown)my friend was going on holiday for three months to new zealand, i was sad she was going but i thought she would be back soon. then covid came and the couldnt come back. the have been there for almost double the time they thought. i can call her only one time a week, ( i used to see her almost every day) we cant call for long because one of us has to sleep. in a call she told me they might stay for longer even after lockdown. she said they might stay for a year. thisis really scaring me thst i wont see her for a year, i trust her with my life, she is my only friend i trust that much... sorry if this was longi need advice on what to do

stay safe everyone

Hazel22334 / Aug 28 2020 0.29

hey

im sorry, that is very unfortunate

why can you only call each other once a week? perhaps you could schedule a few more calls in!

something else you could try is writing letters to each other. letters work well across different time zones! you could send each other photos too of what you’re up to and it will give you something to read and look forward to when you cant call each other!

perhaps you think of some things you could do together when you meet up! it will give you something to look forward to. something like a picnic or a sleepover perhaps? :)

in september you will have lots of other classmates to hang out with after this very long break. even though it may not be the same as being with your best friend, at least you will have some people to hang out with every day!

let me know if you want help or advice on anything else in particular. i hope you are ok! it is a very difficult time, i’m sorry you are going through this <3

3. Childline Avatar
    Pelicany / Sep 05 2020 8.08

hi, thank you so much, i will start writing letters but it might take a bit to get there.... the reason i can only call once a week is because they have a really busy schedule, well, in the mornings they do stuff and most aftrnoons they do stuff so i can only call every week. i try not to think too much about it because it makes me cry but reading this makes me smile so thank you

stay safe

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything