Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    howudoingboo / Aug 15 2020 22.01

Hi, I am a 13 yr old and im completely inexperinced but I want to start gymnastics, I found a club around my area that lets me start at this age. My biggest worry is my parents not letting me because 2 weeks ago I was stretching for my splits and I tore my leg muscle and although its healing up pretty well, my mum is probably going to use that against me as a reason. I would really love to do gymnastics and I know that at this age I probably would have to settle for recreational but I would still love to do gymnastics, I can already do a bridge a forward roll and a back roll but I cant do a cartwheel or handstand.. any tips?

2. Childline Avatar
    starryyblingsss / Aug 16 2020 21.44

start slow! I used tutorial online to help me perfect my cartwheel, and I put my legs on a wall for my handstand! keep stretching everyday too! Not too extreme so u don't tear your leg again but just small stretches, I use online tutorials for stretching too, I usually follow anna mcnulty and use her tutorials, she shows stretches for every part of your body. When I started stretching, I realised I could do more things like cartwheels, bridges and even scorpions! You should say to your parents that you have looked and seen that the club does beginners gymnastics for thirteen year olds too so nothing bad can possibly happen to you!! Keep practising and I promise you'll get better and better!

3. Childline Avatar
    starryyblingsss / Aug 16 2020 21.44

start slow! I used tutorial online to help me perfect my cartwheel, and I put my legs on a wall for my handstand! keep stretching everyday too! Not too extreme so u don't tear your leg again but just small stretches, I use online tutorials for stretching too, I usually follow anna mcnulty and use her tutorials, she shows stretches for every part of your body. When I started stretching, I realised I could do more things like cartwheels, bridges and even scorpions! You should say to your parents that you have looked and seen that the club does beginners gymnastics for thirteen year olds too so nothing bad can possibly happen to you!! Keep practising and I promise you'll get better and better!

howudoingboo / Aug 18 2020 21.02

Thank you for your advice 🥰

4. Top dog
    howudoingboo / Aug 15 2020 22.01

Hi, I am a 13 yr old and im completely inexperinced but I want to start gymnastics, I found a club around my area that lets me start at this age. My biggest worry is my parents not letting me because 2 weeks ago I was stretching for my splits and I tore my leg muscle and although its healing up pretty well, my mum is probably going to use that against me as a reason. I would really love to do gymnastics and I know that at this age I probably would have to settle for recreational but I would still love to do gymnastics, I can already do a bridge a forward roll and a back roll but I cant do a cartwheel or handstand.. any tips?

SunnyScones / Oct 20 2020 21.43

Why not try watching an online tutorial! Famous gymnasts often do eay step by step ones!

I hope you get on ok! I started hymnastics age 5 and i am now 11!

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything