When will Childline be back to normal?

Show
  1. Burying
    RainbowOstrichBrownie / Aug 13 2020 15.00

Hi Jas,

I'd love to know when we can call and chat later on again, and when the changes to Childline will go away and it can be like it was before. It's the summer holidays now, and schools are reopening in September, so is that when this will be normal again?

2. Lion
    BennyWithABlackSuit / Sep 13 2020 10.43

I think it would take some time to get back to normal due to keeping their staff safe, but I'm just saying this since schools are back but Childline isn't properly yet. I'm not to sure, but hopefully this reply brings the post up so someone who knows what their talking about can reply.

3. Reaching out
    RainbowOstrichBrownie / Aug 13 2020 15.00

Hi Jas,

I'd love to know when we can call and chat later on again, and when the changes to Childline will go away and it can be like it was before. It's the summer holidays now, and schools are reopening in September, so is that when this will be normal again?

Jas-Host / Sep 18 2020 15.28

Hi RainbowOstrichBrownie,

I'm really sorry that it's taken me a while to get back to you. We know that things have changed a lot and even with schools going back, there are still different rules in place and sometimes, different rules too in parts of the country around coronavirus. These can all really affect the counsellors being able to come in to the bases to be able to talk to you all.

But, it's being talked about all the time - how as many people as possible can come in to answer you all and what things can be put in place to make changes too. Because of how Childline works, it's not always been possible for people in the organisation to work from home like some other places.

One recent change is that the counsellors are now there from 7:30am instead of 9am during weekdays now that so many of you are back at school and might want to talk to them earlier in the morning. You can still talk to them until midnight.

And we've kept our moderation hours until 11:30pm instead of finishing at 9 to let you all keep talking and supporting each other.

I will let you know of any other changes too. Everyone really wants to be there there for you all in the same ways as before and it's just looking at how this work just now.

Take care,

Jas-Host

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything