Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    NikolasScacc55 / Aug 10 2020 0.46

So I’ve already asked Sam about this but basically I came out as gay to myself and a few of my friends, now I’m just scared to come out to my family, this is mainly because I’m worried about any questions that might be asked and also if I’m just told that I’m too young to know

2. Sheep

So I’ve already asked Sam about this but basically I came out as gay to myself and a few of my friends, now I’m just scared to come out to my family, this is mainly because I’m worried about any questions that might be asked and also if I’m just told that I’m too young to know

EgginErin / Aug 10 2020 21.41

Hi, I'm Erin and I'm also gay! Firstly, there's no right or wrong way to come out. However, it’s a good idea to take time to think about what you want to say. Coming out when you’re arguing or angry isn’t a good idea! Some people tell their parents face to face while others prefer to write a letter or send a text . Whichever way you choose, you’ll probably be a bit nervous. You might want to talk to a childline counsellor about it or think about what you’ll actually say. Whatever way you decide it’s not usually a good idea to tell your family during a row or when you’re angry. Remember, millions of people have gone through this before. Your parents might be shocked, worried or find it difficult to accept at first.Remember, their first reaction isn’t necessarily how they’ll feel forever. They might just need a bit of time to process what you’ve told them. The thing most parents worry about is that their children are happy!

You may be asked questions or told your too young to know, but know that is not true. You are valid and amazing! I hope this helped, feel free to ask any other questions

Sending love,

Erin 🌈

3. Nose dive

Stargazer10 / Aug 25 2020 18.34

Never feel scared to come out even if you feel scared, some people don't like LGBTQ+ and that sort of stuff but that's their opinion there will always be someone who will be there for you, being gay or other is fine, you should feel good about i!t! It's hard coming out as gay for some people sometimes you don't have to say it to them ( Who ever your coming out to ) directly: you could write a note hint to it or perhaps decorate a cake saying "I'm gay", or something along those lines! There's loads of ideas online if any of those help!

Best wishes:

Lily

4. Mute
    littlealien / Sep 18 2020 17.40

Hi there, I'm also gay and I came out to my parents recently. It took me a long time to find the courage but I'm glad I did it. I can finally stop hiding it from them now. I came out to them by writing a letter. My parents also believed that my age is too young to know but I told them that being gay isn't a choice and you can't be too young to know cos being gay is actually due to a part of your DNA. Basically your sexuality was genetically programed into you when you were in the womb, so before you were even born! (I'm into biology by the way). I wish you all the best and good luck for coming out.

M xxx

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything