My boyfriend is 20 and thats ok

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Temporary39867669 / Aug 09 2020 21.41

All my friends say my relationship with my boyfriend (20) and me (16) is weird. They say the age gap is too big. We have only had oral and anal sex as i am christian so i want to save my self until marriage.

Last week we went out to get food and 5 people from school went up to us and tried to make fun of us and the age gap. The arguement escalated and my boyfriend sam punched the ring leader straight in the face.

Is the age gap so bad? Our 5th aniversary is approaching and i dont know what to do. Any help would be nice

2. Small

All my friends say my relationship with my boyfriend (20) and me (16) is weird. They say the age gap is too big. We have only had oral and anal sex as i am christian so i want to save my self until marriage.

Last week we went out to get food and 5 people from school went up to us and tried to make fun of us and the age gap. The arguement escalated and my boyfriend sam punched the ring leader straight in the face.

Is the age gap so bad? Our 5th aniversary is approaching and i dont know what to do. Any help would be nice

mabinogion / Aug 09 2020 22.50

i personally think the age gap is a bit concerning, especially considering you say this is your 5th anniversary meaning you were 11? when you started dating and he was 15, which means your relationship was not legal for 4? years. he is an adult and you are probably still not in sixth form/college yet so i do think it is too large, sorry. they shouldnt be making fun of you but they are also right x

3. Top dog
    Loui029 / Aug 10 2020 22.27

hi

ive been in a similar situation to you bit the gap wasnt quite so big. Dont listen to what people have to say, trust your gut. if you like him then go for it its no one elses buisness what you do in your personal life they can advice you but they cant make the decision for you. Id you really want to be woth him then be woth him screw everyone who teied ro make you feel bad about it or who make harsh comments. hope this helps

Louise xx

4. Dreamer

KittyCouture / Aug 15 2020 8.06

If u reached ur 5th anniversary it clearly shows u like each other.Put yourself first as in if u love each other don’t listen to anyone else

Hope it works out

byeeeee

5. Sheep

StrawberryJaffaCakes / Aug 30 2020 21.10

you need to get out of that relationship. i realise you dont know why its bad because you are young but he is much more mature than you. if he was 15 and you were 11 then he will have had a lot more life experience than you. this is grooming, please dont let it happen to you because you may end up stuck for the rest of your life. break up with him now and if you still feel the same when you’re 21 and he feels the same as well then give it a try, but uts highly likely youll both just move on and you especially will realise that this isnt right.

6. Small
    StrawberryJaffaCakes / Aug 30 2020 21.10

you need to get out of that relationship. i realise you dont know why its bad because you are young but he is much more mature than you. if he was 15 and you were 11 then he will have had a lot more life experience than you. this is grooming, please dont let it happen to you because you may end up stuck for the rest of your life. break up with him now and if you still feel the same when you’re 21 and he feels the same as well then give it a try, but uts highly likely youll both just move on and you especially will realise that this isnt right.

mabinogion / Sep 01 2020 17.06

you are very correct, this is grooming and is not okay.

7. Childline Avatar
    noone321 / Sep 17 2020 12.27

WOAHAHAHAH guys lets just chill :)

it is quite an age gap but i personally think its ok

once you turn 16, it is legal to have a relationship, sexual or not

with anyone older. than u

If you are having your 5th anniversary then u clearly love each other,

and just breaking it off cuz of what others think isnt right. Personally, i think

as long as you are happy and comfortable, thats all that matters.

With the sex thing, whats the difference between saving vaginal sex but having oral and

anal sex. if youve had the other types of sex, then having vaginal intercourse, is almost no different surely?

hope this helps :)

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything