Show
  1. Flower
    SunsetHeights / Jul 27 2020 16.08

I'm a 15 year old girl, and I've only ever had alcohol once (though I had no idea what it was at the time). I've always promised myself that I'd never smoke, never drink alcohol, and definitely never do drugs. However, whenever I'm at a party or any sort of event that involves alcohol, my mum has began trying to convince me to have some. Obviously I say no thanks.

Yet, inside I did want to try it. I've noticed recently that I've been getting, I guess “cravings” if that's the right word, and I've really wanted to try alcohol lately. I kept trying to shrug it off and just put it down to being curious, and that worked for a bit - but the urges are back and I've found myself even trying to secretly take some of my mum's alcohol when she's asleep. The only thing that's stopped me is anxiety and fear of being caught.

Does anyone know how to stop this? I have no idea where these “urges” suddenly came from, and this is all new to me so I don't know any ways to curb it.

Thanks in advance ^^

- Amy 🌸

2. Childline Avatar
    SunsetHeights / Jul 27 2020 16.08

I'm a 15 year old girl, and I've only ever had alcohol once (though I had no idea what it was at the time). I've always promised myself that I'd never smoke, never drink alcohol, and definitely never do drugs. However, whenever I'm at a party or any sort of event that involves alcohol, my mum has began trying to convince me to have some. Obviously I say no thanks.

Yet, inside I did want to try it. I've noticed recently that I've been getting, I guess “cravings” if that's the right word, and I've really wanted to try alcohol lately. I kept trying to shrug it off and just put it down to being curious, and that worked for a bit - but the urges are back and I've found myself even trying to secretly take some of my mum's alcohol when she's asleep. The only thing that's stopped me is anxiety and fear of being caught.

Does anyone know how to stop this? I have no idea where these “urges” suddenly came from, and this is all new to me so I don't know any ways to curb it.

Thanks in advance ^^

- Amy 🌸

rocky2294 / Aug 04 2020 14.14

Hello Amy,

I'm Charlie, better known as Kira and i'm 17, so sorry no one has replied to you as of yet, but i want to say that trying sips of alcahol is OK, but in moderation, you are 15 and no i am not telling you of for getting cravings, because that'd be so wrong of me to do that, as i also got them and i think many people do, i wouldn't call them cravings...but thats up to you, i'd say your curious to try it. the majority of us get to some point of wanting to try it, however if your not sure of trying sips and your mum is literally telling you to do it, thats not good. I would speak to a counseller about that and if you need to speak about anything else to do with these, all you can do is ask and i'll try answer them. xx

3. Childline Avatar
    JustSomeGirlxxx / Aug 04 2020 20.25

In my opinion, at 15 it’s perfectly okay to drink in moderation inside the house, or with adult supervision. If your mum is okay with it, I’d drink a little ar home with her. Not enough to get drunk but enough to know what it feels like so you can stop wondering. Please don‘t drink in secret! At 15, I often drank heavily with friends and engaged in a lot of risky behaviour as well as doing embarrassing things that I regret now. Hope this helps :)

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything