Sexual harassment??

Show
  1. Heart
    IAmGroot15 / Jul 26 2020 11.45

so basically, this was a few years ago (im almost 16) and i was out with my family for a meal and my mums parents were there (my grandma and grandad). i was sat slightly opposite my grandad and he kept making these hand gestures towards me which i found really uncomfortable. he was only doing them to me (i was the only girl, i have 2 brothers). he was making heart shapes and then putting his finger to his lips like he was saying ‘dont tell anyone’. i was so uncomfortable that i hardly ate any of my food and time was just dragging on. as soon as we were ready to leave when we got to the car (my grandparents went in their own car) i told my mum everything and she didnt say much. we havent seen my grandad since but my grandma is still with him and she visits us basically every week. i love my grandma but i cant bear to even look at my grandads face in family photos. i think about this a lot recently and i dont know what to do. is this sexual harassment? or should i just carry on with my sad little life and hope i never see him again.

thanks for reading.

2. Flower
    14Butterfly13 / Jul 27 2020 20.47

hi, thats so awful,i hate to hear that youve been through it. i think that you should tell your grandma to get it of your chest. its a good thing to do to help your stress . or you could tell a different trusted person if you feel confident enough to do so. i hope it gets better❤️

3. Childline Avatar
    IAmGroot15 / Jul 26 2020 11.45

so basically, this was a few years ago (im almost 16) and i was out with my family for a meal and my mums parents were there (my grandma and grandad). i was sat slightly opposite my grandad and he kept making these hand gestures towards me which i found really uncomfortable. he was only doing them to me (i was the only girl, i have 2 brothers). he was making heart shapes and then putting his finger to his lips like he was saying ‘dont tell anyone’. i was so uncomfortable that i hardly ate any of my food and time was just dragging on. as soon as we were ready to leave when we got to the car (my grandparents went in their own car) i told my mum everything and she didnt say much. we havent seen my grandad since but my grandma is still with him and she visits us basically every week. i love my grandma but i cant bear to even look at my grandads face in family photos. i think about this a lot recently and i dont know what to do. is this sexual harassment? or should i just carry on with my sad little life and hope i never see him again.

thanks for reading.

Igaaaa / Jul 27 2020 20.55

i think that you should tell a person you trust or a mental health organisation (like childline) to make you feel better. i also think that you should tell your grandma so she would know what you’re going through. i hope you never have to go through this again <3

4. Heart
    14Butterfly13 / Jul 27 2020 20.47

hi, thats so awful,i hate to hear that youve been through it. i think that you should tell your grandma to get it of your chest. its a good thing to do to help your stress . or you could tell a different trusted person if you feel confident enough to do so. i hope it gets better❤️

IAmGroot15 / Jul 27 2020 21.13

thank you, i might tell my mum because its her dad that did it. its so horrible how someone in my (or anyones) family can be so creepy and horrible.

5. Heart
    Igaaaa / Jul 27 2020 20.55

i think that you should tell a person you trust or a mental health organisation (like childline) to make you feel better. i also think that you should tell your grandma so she would know what you’re going through. i hope you never have to go through this again <3

IAmGroot15 / Jul 27 2020 21.15

hi, ill hopefully tell my mum soon, she might talk to my grandma about it (or i might). thank you, i hope you dont have to go through something like that either x

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything