How do you get a boyfriend/girlfriend?

Show
  1. Burying
    RainbowOstrichBrownie / Jul 23 2020 11.35

Hi,

I'm Holly and I'm 10 years old (and a girl). I was wondering, how do you get a girlfriend/boyfriend at my age? Nobody in my school (primary school) is interested in any of that stuff and I don't know how to get one. Is online dating any good? I don't really know what online dating even really is, to be honest, so please explain that to me. How do I find someone who is interested in becoming my boyfriend/girlfriend?

After that, what do I even say to the person to make a connection between us? I know that some people are in a relationship at my age, and I want to be one of them so badly, but I don't know how. Please explain first of all, what online dating is and then how I find someone and finally how I build that connection. Thank you!

Holly xxx

2. Childline Avatar

Hi,

I'm Holly and I'm 10 years old (and a girl). I was wondering, how do you get a girlfriend/boyfriend at my age? Nobody in my school (primary school) is interested in any of that stuff and I don't know how to get one. Is online dating any good? I don't really know what online dating even really is, to be honest, so please explain that to me. How do I find someone who is interested in becoming my boyfriend/girlfriend?

After that, what do I even say to the person to make a connection between us? I know that some people are in a relationship at my age, and I want to be one of them so badly, but I don't know how. Please explain first of all, what online dating is and then how I find someone and finally how I build that connection. Thank you!

Holly xxx

anxiousabro / Jul 24 2020 9.22

Hi Holly, I’m 14 years old and when i was your age, dating was the last thing i worried about. Just enjoy the rest of your childhood and don’t worry about that stuff!!!

Olivia x

3. Burying
    anxiousabro / Jul 24 2020 9.22

Hi Holly, I’m 14 years old and when i was your age, dating was the last thing i worried about. Just enjoy the rest of your childhood and don’t worry about that stuff!!!

Olivia x

RainbowOstrichBrownie / Jul 24 2020 9.55

Thanks Olivia.

4. Childline Avatar

Hi,

Holly xxx

Temporary06609584 / Sep 21 2020 16.58

Hi holly my name is Dion and i went through the same thing as you at your age I'm now 14 and i tried online dating and its no use because you get get your identification taken away from you so just enjoy life as it is holly :)

5. Childline Avatar
    gabriellAb / Sep 30 2020 23.51

hi holly!!

first of all, i totally understand, alot of people will say you shouldnt care about relationships when youre young , but its not something you can control.

i dont think online dating is a good idea as you are quite young and things like that can be really dangerous.

in primary school, relationships dont really mean anything, so i would say its alot easier for you to get a boyfriend/girlfriend!

anyways, if you have a crush on someone in primary school, tell them, if they dont feel the same way ( which im sure they will because you seem lovely) then its not a big deal, and on the plus side youll be the centre of attention!

like i said, go for it if you have a crush, but please dont let relationships control your life!

enjoy your primary school days, and take advantage of the fact that you can mess around a bit! before you know it you will be in year 10 where things actually matter!

from gabriella x

6. Wallflower
    laylastressed / Oct 01 2020 20.37

hey,

Honestly dont worry about that. Im 12 and i dont have one maybe because i go to a girls school but point is all you need is good friends and they can be all the support you need

7. Athlete
    Temporary81240710 / Oct 27 2020 7.56

hi Holly, my name is Emily.

when I was 10, i had literally no interest in finding a partner. i just saw everyone as a friend. dont rush into anything esp if you dont think you are ready yet. that my best advice and also enjoy your time not worrying abt getting a partner, if you are meant to be with someone, you'll know it when you find them.

hope this helps

emily x

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything