Emetophobia

Show
  1. Small
    ColourfulToucan11 / Jul 21 2020 18.58

I have emetophobia, I have had it for a few months and I am always worrying. Even as I type this, I am worried about it. I find it hard to sleep and I used to find it hard to eat because I was worried food would make me sick. I am also worried about school because of it.

2. Heart
    Temporary78903 / Jul 25 2020 0.14

i have it too! i havent been sick since i was like 5 and i avoid any chances of it ever happening because it makes me super anxious and panicky. and if i hear anyone else feels sick i instantly start panicking and move away from them and people just think im rude since i should comfort them but its a genuine fear of mine. im glad someone has this phobia too :)

3. Childline Avatar
    ColourfulToucan11 / Jul 21 2020 18.58

I have emetophobia, I have had it for a few months and I am always worrying. Even as I type this, I am worried about it. I find it hard to sleep and I used to find it hard to eat because I was worried food would make me sick. I am also worried about school because of it.

Igaaaa / Jul 27 2020 20.40

I have it too and it really makes life a lot harder and i would like to say that i can help you heal from it somehow but i cant because im still struggling with it. But what i can say is that we are strong and will get through it maybe not heal fully but be able to deal with it :)

4. Childline Avatar
    BruniTheSalamander29 / Jul 27 2020 21.53

hi everyone! i also have emetophobia and i have had it for the past 10 to 11 years, just someone talking about feeling ill will trigger me to panic, even if they don't specify that they are feeling sick i assume that is what they mean. its nice to know that i'm not the only person that suffers from it as for many years i thought i was alone. i only recently realised how many people actually suffer and its made me feel better about it as i know that its not as uncommon as i thought it was. i use a lot of fidget toys like fidget cubes and spinners and i also have a big pompom that i find very helpful. talking about things to a parent or guardian is also very helpful. everyone has different ways of dealing with things, its just about finding your way :)

5. Small
    ColourfulToucan11 / Jul 31 2020 11.27

I am so worried about my emetophobia and sometimes it feels like things are coming up into my throat and I get really scared and I don't know what to do. Some people have emetophobia for a few years which makes me even more worried.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything