Binge eating / overeating

Show
  1. Butterfly
    daisyy2002 / Jul 21 2020 17.01

Hello, so i've had binge eating disorder for a couple of years now, and a few months ago things were starting to get a lot better. after having a binge at least twice a week for the past two years, i thought i had finally recovered from it completely, and i was eating a healthy amount. however, recently i've been bingeing as well as overeating / grazing frequently and it's so frustrating. i really want to restrict again, but i know that it'll just lead to a binge, but even when i'm not restricting i still binge. i hate it so much because i so desperately want to lose weight but it just seems so impossible. it's even worse because my parents are really fit and healthy (into healthy eating and exercise and stuff), and i just feel so unwanted and ugly. i feel like a failure and a disappointment to them because i just lie around all day eating lmao while they're out on bike rides and running. i would love to start exercising more, but i feel way too self conscious and the only clothes i feel comfortable wearing, i'd be too hot in.

i know a lot about recovery, and i give advice to other people as it used to help me, but it just doesnt work anymore. i can't understand why i have no self-control and it's like something takes over my brain every time i go near food. i make myself meal plans and things but i can never stick to them, even when they're over a healthy amount. i've tried incorporating small amounts of my trigger foods into my diet, but for some reason i still end up bingeing on them. i've spoken to my mum, who was really helpful and nice about it, but i can tell she doesn't understand, and i think she thinks i'm making half of it up.

Anyway, i'm sorry that was so long. if anyone has any advice please please let me know. Thank you so much for reading xxx

2. Heart
    Temporary78903 / Jul 25 2020 1.00

i dont know much about eds but im so sorry to hear that :( get in touch with a doctor to get help itll get better i promise ive fone to one recently about bdd and im gonna get help i think and try the 1-2-1 councelling on here so u dont feel alone in this

wishing u all the best xxx

3. Butterfly
    Temporary78903 / Jul 25 2020 1.00

i dont know much about eds but im so sorry to hear that :( get in touch with a doctor to get help itll get better i promise ive fone to one recently about bdd and im gonna get help i think and try the 1-2-1 councelling on here so u dont feel alone in this

wishing u all the best xxx

daisyy2002 / Jul 25 2020 13.55

Hello!

Aw thank you so so much you are so kind<3

I'm really sorry to hear about your bdd:( I'm so proud of you for getting help, though! I'd love to, but I'm not brave enough:( I'm really sorry to ask, and don't feel you have to respond if you don't want to, but what was it like and what did you / they say? I want to see a doctor but I'm so scared ahh

Thank you so much, and you too!

Alex xxx

4. Childline Avatar
    bozzyyyyy / Nov 06 2020 23.08

hi i just wanted you to know you arent alone. im in literally the exact same situation so keep going youre doing amazing and im proud of you no matter what

sophia

xxx

5. Butterfly
    bozzyyyyy / Nov 06 2020 23.08

hi i just wanted you to know you arent alone. im in literally the exact same situation so keep going youre doing amazing and im proud of you no matter what

sophia

xxx

daisyy2002 / Nov 07 2020 17.20

hi sophia!

thank you so so so much, you are so sweet.

im really sorry to hear that you’re going through the same thing, i wouldn’t wish it upon anyone. i hope you’re doing okay, and i’m always here if you ever need someone to talk to<3 since writing this post, i actually came across this book called ‘overcoming binge eating’ and it’s been so helpful, so it might possibly help you?

sending you so much love, i hope things get better for you soon xxxxx

6. Childline Avatar
    tomz88 / Feb 25 2021 22.48

hi im going thru same anything distresses me like maths or things i over eat . i overeat anyway but i tried detoxing after having wet cupping treatment i went crazy no bread or sauce im always hungry im struggling with all types of diet and if i dont eat i get moody emotional and angry

i was screaming crying i didnt khow what was healthy and i wanted to just eat how i normally ate. im alwys hungry i eat so fast my mouth can fit alot i take on big pieces of food in seconds so i eat 50 times more

anyone got anytips to help im slightly overwieght doctor told me i dont look it i feel it i feel what u guys feel i cant get clothes that fitt annoyin

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything