I'm trans ftm and I don't know what to do

Show
  1. Mouse
    jace-is-a-rat / Jul 21 2020 12.33

Hi, so I'm 14 and I've known that I'm trans for years and at this point I'm mostly out of the closet. My family are well of, but they don't really give me much money. I find it really hard to save any money that I get (for example, my bank account currently contains 99p). My chest dysphoria is the worst but I can't afford a decent binder, and even if I could, most places are usually out of my size. I'd like a packer too (packing with socks isn't great) but again, they're expensive, and I don't think that I'd receive any financial support from my parents to buy a rubber d!ck online. All in all, I can't do much about my dysphoria and I don't pass as male. I can pass for nonbinary sometimes, but that isn't who I am. Any advice?

2. Bursting
    oNIRVANAo / Aug 20 2020 20.40

Hi! Ithink you should talk to your parents about dysphoria and explain how it effects ur mental health

3. Mouse
    oNIRVANAo / Aug 20 2020 20.40

Hi! Ithink you should talk to your parents about dysphoria and explain how it effects ur mental health

jace-is-a-rat / Sep 21 2020 21.05

I don't think I went into enough depth on this- my parents have emotionally and physically ab*sed me and I don't trust them at all.

4. Butterfly
    Fireflies1897 / Sep 22 2020 19.06

Heyy x

Ah that's such a difficult situation, I'm really sorry you have to go through this, particularly when you're just trying to be you which you have every right to do!! I can see it's going to be difficult getting your parents help on this... Is there any way you could ask for some sort of allowance? You could try asking when they're in a good mood and explain that most 14/15 year olds have an allowance to use when they go out with their friends/to save for the future etc. If that isn't an option, do you have any other adults/family members you can talk to? If you have a sibling, it might be useful to get them on your side because it's harder for your parents to argue when it's 2 against one. That could also work with an aunt/uncle/cousin etc.... Another option is christmas/birthdays, if people offer to get you a present/mention it you could ask for money instead and say you're saving up? You could also try selling stuff you no longer need on depop/ebay...

I really hope this helps and again, I'm really sorry this situation, just know that we all value you as you are and support you!

I'm here if you need to rant/chat

Take care

Gracie xx

5. Mouse
    Fireflies1897 / Sep 22 2020 19.06

Heyy x

Ah that's such a difficult situation, I'm really sorry you have to go through this, particularly when you're just trying to be you which you have every right to do!! I can see it's going to be difficult getting your parents help on this... Is there any way you could ask for some sort of allowance? You could try asking when they're in a good mood and explain that most 14/15 year olds have an allowance to use when they go out with their friends/to save for the future etc. If that isn't an option, do you have any other adults/family members you can talk to? If you have a sibling, it might be useful to get them on your side because it's harder for your parents to argue when it's 2 against one. That could also work with an aunt/uncle/cousin etc.... Another option is christmas/birthdays, if people offer to get you a present/mention it you could ask for money instead and say you're saving up? You could also try selling stuff you no longer need on depop/ebay...

I really hope this helps and again, I'm really sorry this situation, just know that we all value you as you are and support you!

I'm here if you need to rant/chat

Take care

Gracie xx

jace-is-a-rat / Sep 25 2020 8.12

Thanks. I already have an allowance, but it's really small and I use it to buy myself food and clothes so I can never really save it up. I have no siblings and the rest of my family are transphobes, so that wouldn't work. I've asked for just money before, no one ever listens. Most of any stuff I could get rid of is pretty much worthless. Thank you though

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything