Reminded im ‘lucky’ making me feel worse

Reading this content might be upsetting and trigger difficult feelings and emotions if you have experienced these events or feelings in the past

Go to Sadness and Depression

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Milliej123 / Jul 16 2020 9.41

i am constantly reminded of how lucky i am and how other peoples lives are so much worse so i need to be more grateful and complain less.

i already know i am lucky but people constantly reminding me is making me feel awful.

i already feel like i dont deserve help , like i should be ok , i get so fustrated that i feel so horrible when i have so many good things in my life

it is making me feel worse and i have been self harming much more in hope that i will feel like i deserve help but i never do

i dont know how to cope with it all anymore - its getting too much

sorry for the rant

2. Gamer

i am constantly reminded of how lucky i am and how other peoples lives are so much worse so i need to be more grateful and complain less.

i already know i am lucky but people constantly reminding me is making me feel awful.

i already feel like i dont deserve help , like i should be ok , i get so fustrated that i feel so horrible when i have so many good things in my life

it is making me feel worse and i have been self harming much more in hope that i will feel like i deserve help but i never do

sorry for the rant

ananonymous1 / Jul 16 2020 16.02

Hi

I don't know too much about your situation but just because you are more fortunate than others doesn't mean the way you are being treated is right. Other people who are less fortunate than you also need help but it does not mean you should be left out. Think of it as a disease. Someone has a really bad disease and you have a less worse but still bad disease. This doesn't mean the doctors shouldn't treat you, the doctors should treat both of you.

You shouldn't feel bad about having good things in life, enjoy the things you have just try not to rub it in to other peoples faces. If they say you should complain less because you have more that makes no sense. Just because you have good things doesn't mean you actually feel good inside. That is like saying rich people should never be sad. Try to tell others about this and if it continues maybe talk to a grown up about it. You don't need to self harm just try and filter out what others say and try not to tell people about the stuff you do. For example if you make a complaint to a teacher about something, dont tell your friends or parents.

I hope this helps, sending hugs x

3. Childline Avatar

sorry for the rant

Lucie635 / Jul 16 2020 19.58

i completly understand and have felt the same way. im not sure what people are trying to acheive by saying this to us. like yeh i understand that other peoples lives are much more worse and the oppertunities i have are great but shouldnt our health come first. mental health problems dont care wether your rich or poor, familly problems or not. by reminding us that we are lucky and privlaged compared to others is like trying to find an excuse for us to not be sad. i think its why alot of us do damaging things to ourself because then we can physically see the pain and hurt inside of us just infront of our eyes instead of in our head.

please be safe and if you need anyone to talk to im always here (:

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything