Show
  1. Outcast
    ellbell3002 / Jul 16 2020 0.15

i know this is usually for people who are already pregnant and don't know what to do but this is the only place i can think of to write this. I'm 16, so is my boyfriend, and i have the biggest want for a baby its especially grown in the past few months as I've been extremely lonely with nobody to talk to pretty much and my heart has been breaking over the fact i cant have one. I've spoken to my bf about it and he has said many times he is happy to give me one and then changes his mind. and I'm obviously not trying to force him into it or anything if he completely didn't want to id get that and move on but him wanting one and being willing to do that just brings me so much joy. i also struggle with depression and recently the thought of a baby and anything baby related has just made me so happy. but i don't know, if there's any mums out there that can help? i know most people will say not to which is why i don't really tell people but it is just really starting to affect me and i don't want to ruin my relationship over it.

2. Coolcat
    Savetherhinos3 / Jul 17 2020 10.58

Hey!!

I’m personally not a mum (I’m ten lol) but I would suggest maybe adopting?? In the UK you have to be at least 21 to adopt though...Make sure you want one though. Don’t just get one/two/three/four/however many on an impulse.

xx i hope this helps

3. Childline Avatar

i know this is usually for people who are already pregnant and don't know what to do but this is the only place i can think of to write this. I'm 16, so is my boyfriend, and i have the biggest want for a baby its especially grown in the past few months as I've been extremely lonely with nobody to talk to pretty much and my heart has been breaking over the fact i cant have one. I've spoken to my bf about it and he has said many times he is happy to give me one and then changes his mind. and I'm obviously not trying to force him into it or anything if he completely didn't want to id get that and move on but him wanting one and being willing to do that just brings me so much joy. i also struggle with depression and recently the thought of a baby and anything baby related has just made me so happy. but i don't know, if there's any mums out there that can help? i know most people will say not to which is why i don't really tell people but it is just really starting to affect me and i don't want to ruin my relationship over it.

musicalros / Jul 23 2020 0.08

Hey :) I get feeling maternal- but from the sound of your post, it might be that you’re just a bit down atm and so thinking that once you have a kid you will feel better and everything will be ok. Having a baby is difficult- especially at 16 and so wanting one bc you think it will make everything better might not be the best thing for you atm- you will not sleep properly for the first 2 years, you will have to provide round the clock care and it’s the most long term thing you could ever do. You could also develop post-natal depression, which would make you feel even worse. Not that I‘m saying don’t have kids- have kids! Maybe just not right now? You’re the same kind of age as me, so your education is rlly important and will set you up for your future- having a baby could rlly impact that. Maybe you could work in a nursery or with kids and get all the ‘good bits‘ of having a baby whilst still being able to go home at the end of the day? Idk it’s just a few thoughts- you do you :)

4. Heart
    ApplePlum / Jul 25 2020 23.07

If you're lonely maybe a better option would be to get a pet (if you already don't have one). Maybe you could get a baby animal so it's kind of like having a baby minus the crying/pressure.

5. Childline Avatar

HollowFlames / Jul 31 2020 10.23

Honestly my friend and I have been wanting a baby too ourselves. We’re 16 like you too. As much as we want a baby we keep telling each other not until we have stable steady income to be able to support all the child’s needs in at least. There might never be a right time to have a baby. But being 16 you definitely don’t have a stable income. Wanting a baby because you’re lonely isn’t the best reason either. I recommend getting help with your mental health first. Work on yourself first and reconsider having a baby

6. Childline Avatar

Anonymous09765 / Aug 19 2020 19.29

I understand how you feel. I really do! But be sure to remember that having a child is a HUGE responsibility and, some people may think that they are ready for it, but there are a number of factors you have to put in(money, food Etc). I'm not one to say that you shouldn't have a child, this is just my personal opinion.

7. Burying
    RainbowOstrichBrownie / Aug 22 2020 16.33

Hi,

If your boyfriend changes his mind a lot about that, maybe, I don't want to hurt your feelings or anything, but maybe he wouldn't be the best father. I'm sorry for saying this, I just don't want him to leave or send the baby away or something I'm sorry. I just heard that happens sometimes.

8. Outcast

TheOddOneOut1313 / Sep 06 2020 17.07

Hey, I am not a mum (I’m gay) but I can give you a little advice which I hope may help you. Maybe you should plan for a baby now, and then when you are out of school you can take the plan into action. Just so you can get your studies done and get a good job. So, plan now and take action when your studies are finished. Hope this helps xxx

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything