really confused about myself/maybe in denial

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    CrowsAreBirds / Jul 14 2020 23.37

Hi, I really hope someone sees this and replies. I never really knew about anything to do with lgbtq+ until a couple of years ago, so I've kinda been trying to work out who I am for the last few years, later than most people. I'm pretty sure I'm bisexual but I haven't told anyone about it because school is a tricky place and I'd prefer to be below radar regarding sexuality so that life is easier. However, I've also been really unsure about my gender recently, and beginning to think that maybe I identify as male instead or maybe non binary. But I keep on second guessing myself because I'm quite anxious at the moment for other reasons. I hate my birth name because it feels wrong, I don't like anything stereotyped as 'girly'. I've wanted to cut my hair short for a while now and try out binding to see if that would make me feel more comfortable as me but to do that I'd have to tell my mum and because i'm still not sure, i'm not sure if I'm ok to do that. I'm really insecure about my body which adds to it all. It might be dysphoria, but I honestly have no clue, all I know is I'm not really comfortable in my body.

Thanks

2. Bursting
    CrowsAreBirds / Jul 14 2020 23.37

Hi, I really hope someone sees this and replies. I never really knew about anything to do with lgbtq+ until a couple of years ago, so I've kinda been trying to work out who I am for the last few years, later than most people. I'm pretty sure I'm bisexual but I haven't told anyone about it because school is a tricky place and I'd prefer to be below radar regarding sexuality so that life is easier. However, I've also been really unsure about my gender recently, and beginning to think that maybe I identify as male instead or maybe non binary. But I keep on second guessing myself because I'm quite anxious at the moment for other reasons. I hate my birth name because it feels wrong, I don't like anything stereotyped as 'girly'. I've wanted to cut my hair short for a while now and try out binding to see if that would make me feel more comfortable as me but to do that I'd have to tell my mum and because i'm still not sure, i'm not sure if I'm ok to do that. I'm really insecure about my body which adds to it all. It might be dysphoria, but I honestly have no clue, all I know is I'm not really comfortable in my body.

Thanks

The-star / Jul 15 2020 10.53

Hey its ok to be confused i was for a long time and i absolutely understand the second guessing yourself because your anxious because i also have anxiety and do that alot.

You sound like me when i was beginning to figure out my gender.

i think what you should do is try out different things without putting a lable on yourself first. like maybe instead of a binder get a tighter sports bra so that you dont really have to tell your mum how your feelings if you dont want to. she probably wont think to much of it cos buying sports bras are normal.

figure out what clothes you like to wear maybe if you feel uncomfortable with your body wear baggy clothes. maybe hold off on cutting your hair if until you've figured out who you what you want because eventhough its just hair you might regret it afterwards. oh and keep researching the lgbtq+ community, look at different labels and see which one you relate to the most.

hope this helps xxx

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything