Going back to school after lockdown

Show
  1. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Jun 30 2020 15.09

Hi everyone,

We know that it’s been a really confusing time recently.  And that lots of things are still confusing and uncertain.

Some of you will already have started your summer holidays in Scotland. Some may still have been at school since March when lockdown was first introduced and others might just have started to go back recently.

But for lots of you, going back for the first time could be after the summer, still not knowing what that will look like – how many days each week, what classrooms will look like, what it means for your learning as well as getting back into some kind of routine.

So, we wanted to hear from as many of you as possible to help us understand more about how you all might be feeling about going back to school.  And so that you can all support each other too with all the different feelings you’re experiencing.

For those of you who have been back, what has that been like and how have you coped?  And for everyone going back, what things are you maybe worried or anxious about?

Thanks and take care,

Jas-Host

2. Bursting
    Shimmering-Sea / Jun 30 2020 19.58

Hello Jas

I want to get back to school, however I am quite scared about

- The rules that could be in place

- The health risk

- Just generally going out and seeing people again!

Shimmering-Sea x

3. Childline Avatar
    -banana123- / Jul 01 2020 14.33

My parents are unfortunately not letting me going back to school, which causes me irritation as I would absolutely love to go back. I miss the normality that school provided, and, at home I feel as though I am completely far behind with my online schooling and tasks on paper that I have to also complete. I have tried to argue with my parents that it would be safe for me to return back school (with all the safety measures being put in place) but they still believe it wouldn't be safe for me to go back. I think it has gotten to the point now, where I don't care anymore about me going back. I have fought my battle (what a great metaphor) and I failed. My schoolwork is causing me so much stress I believe that it isn't worth it, but yet I still continue to do it. The majority of my friends are also going back, so I feel as though there is some exclusion between them and myself. (There already was some anyway, with me being introverted and them being toxic friends, but still).

Anyway, thanks for reading my rant/woe.

4. Small
    mabinogion / Jul 02 2020 9.20

we had to go back for 2 1/2 hour sessions for each of our a-level subjects, which were kind of like lectures because we couldnt be close enough to interact as much and they said we had to wash our hands and arms when we came in and when we left. other people werent really social distancing all the time though which was what i expected and i really didnt want to go because it was making me really anxious but my mum said i had to even though it was optional. noone else wore masks apart from me either. i also fell out with my friends at the start of lockdown and i havent seen then at school yet because they arent in any of the same subject classes as me but i am scared about seeing them again in september

5. Childline Avatar
    ElfDragon / Jul 17 2020 12.19

I feel like it will be quite odd going back to school in September because I'll be starting my GCSEs and that's scary enough without so many changes and rules

6. Wallflower
    AnnabelTheSingingLobster / Jul 18 2020 18.20

hi,

i am really worried and anxious about starting secondary school in september for quite a lot of reasons. one worry is that i will not make friends because only 3 other people i know are starting with me. my 2nd reason is that i might be bullied because i know a lot of things and have been called a "human dictionary" before (in a friendly way though) so people might call me a geek. also my mum is shielding and if she gets the virus she will probably die the doctor said and i find that really really scary because it nearly happened once before a few years ago (not corona) but i was too young to understand but now i get it and its so scary. also the school is really big so i might get lost.

thank you,

annabel xx

7. Burying

Hi everyone,

We know that it’s been a really confusing time recently.  And that lots of things are still confusing and uncertain.

Some of you will already have started your summer holidays in Scotland. Some may still have been at school since March when lockdown was first introduced and others might just have started to go back recently.

But for lots of you, going back for the first time could be after the summer, still not knowing what that will look like – how many days each week, what classrooms will look like, what it means for your learning as well as getting back into some kind of routine.

So, we wanted to hear from as many of you as possible to help us understand more about how you all might be feeling about going back to school.  And so that you can all support each other too with all the different feelings you’re experiencing.

For those of you who have been back, what has that been like and how have you coped?  And for everyone going back, what things are you maybe worried or anxious about?

Thanks and take care,

Jas-Host

RainbowOstrichBrownie / Jul 19 2020 16.45

Hi everyone,

I have been back to school and already it felt alien and strange, but after the first day, I got used to it and my friends are there too. Don't worry too much. At least you can see your friends when you go back and I found it much better than being stuck at home all the time. Good luck!

Primary School Girl xxx

8. Mute

Hi everyone,

Thanks and take care,

Jas-Host

indiegalteehee / Jul 22 2020 23.12

I’m scared about going back because I don’t fit in with anyone , I have like 2 friends and I barely talk to them and I don’t talk to my friend group and don’t fit in with them. Doing school at home had built up a lot of stress and pressure it’s especially scary because the pressuring feeling will be even stronger when I go back to school because my parents expect me to do great since I’m the “last hope” in our family I struggle in quite a few topics because I overthink things and don’t like school. I’m worried I’ll be really alone when I go back. :(

9. Outcast

Hi everyone,

Thanks and take care,

Jas-Host

Dizzy-creative19 / Jul 23 2020 12.32

Hi,

In september i will return to my secondrary school in year 8.

I am really scared and whenever my mum asks me to speak to her about it she can get pretty cross. My sisters will also be returning to school but its going to be very different as they are very young and are in primary school.

Here are my concerns, can anyone help!

I hate leaving the house as i dont feel safe

I would prefer to wear a mask at school incase anyone has the virus but is asymtopmatic

I would rather wear gloves when handling the ICT equipment rather than it being consistenly sanatised and touching it with bare hands

I would prefer to have homework set online otherwise i dont know where the paper has been

some things i can change myseld but others the school have to sort!

10. Sheep
    Spongebob203 / Aug 04 2020 14.58

Hello Jas, here are some of my main worries. I can’t really include all of them as some are too personal, but here are a few of my concerns.

Good things:

I get to wear a face mask, I love them.

Bad things:

I am worried I won’t be able to speak because I’m too nervous.

I am worried I won’t be able to answer the register.

I am worried I will be judged.

I am worried I might CRY infront of people. It’s very important to me that I don’t cry infront of anybody.

I am worried about giving the virus to somebody and they give it to their family and their family member might die, and I will have made someone die.

I am worried about spreading it to my family.

I am worried that my skin will have gotten too tanned/dark again in the summer.

I am worried that my teachers won’t like me.

I am worried that I won’t finish my book in time for my English teacher to get it.

I’m worried about being a failure.

I’m worried friendship groups will changed after so long apart,

I’m worried about how I’ll get to school safely on public transport without spreading it to people.

I’m worried about giving someone the virus and them dying.

I’m worried about getting tested, I don’t like the nose thing it sounds horrible and stressful.

I’m worried about the HPV jab.

I’m worried about a vaccine if it’s an injection.

I’m worried my hair will stay ugly.

I’m worried I will need to talk to the school councellors since I don’t like them.

THE END :D There are lots more but I wont include them here.

11. Sheep
    Spongebob203 / Aug 05 2020 14.45

Oh another really important one is:

- Worried about getting the one way systems or whatever is in place wrong and looking ignorant

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything