Abusive Parents

Reading this content might be upsetting and trigger difficult feelings and emotions if you have experienced these events or feelings in the past

Go to Emotional Abuse

Show
  1. Gamer
    ananonymous1 / Jun 26 2020 17.45

Hello My name is Osi I am 15, sorry if this is too long.

Lockdown has probably been the worst months of my life. I honestly feel like I am in prison. My dad has been what I think is abusive to me my whole life but since I am stuck at home with him it is even worse. My dad used to beat me a lot, he would do it for tiny things, for example I did not understand my maths homework one time so he decided to beat me with a wooden baking spoon every time I got a question wrong. Every time I cried he would threaten to beat me more. He did this in public too. One time in the sopping mall everyone watched him do it to my brother, I saw two parents looking at him with disgust.

He always insults me for small things, if I do something right but I dont do it the way he wants me to do it then it is stupid. He calls me names I haven't even heard of before. He once called me a dunce I searched this up and it means a stupid person. Every time he insults me it makes me feel bad. He always threatens me, one time he was holding a knife to cut something then I was near him and because I gave the wrong answer to a question he asked me (he tried to test me) he threatened to cut me with the knife. I cant talk to my Dad confidently, I am always quiet when talking to him, me and my brother can't talk to him like a normal person. He always shouts when I am too quite, sometimes when he shouts its really loud, I get terrified. He always argues with my mum and he has hit my mum multiple times before. I don't know why they are still together.. My dad literally hates her, I don't remember a single day without my dad shouting. There is a lot more to say about him but this will be too long. My mum used to be nice, she defended me from my dad, now when she is angry at me she lets my dad attack me.

Osi

2. Childline Avatar
    Temporary87619817 / Jun 26 2020 19.06

hey Osi, i am so sorry u have to go through this, no one should have to

maybe you can talk to another family member if you cant talk to your mum. Maybe you can phone or message childline etc. from what u have said i can see that it is getting out of control.

i hope you are okay and this situation can get resovled in some way.

sending lots of hugs x

3. Gamer
    Temporary87619817 / Jun 26 2020 19.06

hey Osi, i am so sorry u have to go through this, no one should have to

maybe you can talk to another family member if you cant talk to your mum. Maybe you can phone or message childline etc. from what u have said i can see that it is getting out of control.

i hope you are okay and this situation can get resovled in some way.

sending lots of hugs x

ananonymous1 / Jun 27 2020 0.32

Thank you. I don't think I can talk to my mum. I have tried but she just either ignores me or tries to blame it on me. I will try to talk to childline but sometimes I feel like I might be going to far. I have three years left till I'm an adult and I go to a boarding school so during school dates they can't do anything to me,

Thanks Again

Osi x

4. Flying

Lockdown has probably been the worst months of my life. I honestly feel like I am in prison. My dad has been what I think is abusive to me my whole life but since I am stuck at home with him it is even worse. My dad used to beat me a lot, he would do it for tiny things, for example I did not understand my maths homework one time so he decided to beat me with a wooden baking spoon every time I got a question wrong. Every time I cried he would threaten to beat me more. He did this in public too. One time in the sopping mall everyone watched him do it to my brother, I saw two parents looking at him with disgust.

He always insults me for small things, if I do something right but I dont do it the way he wants me to do it then it is stupid. He calls me names I haven't even heard of before. He once called me a dunce I searched this up and it means a stupid person. Every time he insults me it makes me feel bad. He always threatens me, one time he was holding a knife to cut something then I was near him and because I gave the wrong answer to a question he asked me (he tried to test me) he threatened to cut me with the knife. I cant talk to my Dad confidently, I am always quiet when talking to him, me and my brother can't talk to him like a normal person. He always shouts when I am too quite, sometimes when he shouts its really loud, I get terrified. He always argues with my mum and he has hit my mum multiple times before. I don't know why they are still together.. My dad literally hates her, I don't remember a single day without my dad shouting. There is a lot more to say about him but this will be too long. My mum used to be nice, she defended me from my dad, now when she is angry at me she lets my dad attack me.

Osi

ConfusedKoala101 / Jul 06 2020 18.55

Hi Osi, Clearly u seem worried about this, so as others have said, perhaps talk to childline or another family member. Maybe even a friend if you trust them. Hope this helps, Mihika xx

5. Flying
    ananonymous1 / Jun 27 2020 0.32

Thank you. I don't think I can talk to my mum. I have tried but she just either ignores me or tries to blame it on me. I will try to talk to childline but sometimes I feel like I might be going to far. I have three years left till I'm an adult and I go to a boarding school so during school dates they can't do anything to me,

Thanks Again

Osi x

ConfusedKoala101 / Jul 06 2020 18.58

Three years is a long time, and remember, asking for help is never going too far. It is probably best for you to ask for help. Maybe talk a to a teacher at boarding school?

I hope you are ok and that the situation will be solved soon, Mihika xx

6. Mute
    Thechildishsinner / Jul 06 2020 20.38

<div>hey Osi my name is Jamie I'm 14 I just started on this website as a recommendation from my dad as I do not live with him and I'm not allowed to see him because of my mother I had to contact him as I was completely done with my mum I can't deal with her at all she is crazy I tried everything running away getting kicked out And I just can't get out like you said I feel like I'm trapped in prison my mum is horrible and up to a few months ago I didn't realise she was emotionally and physically abusing me she is horrible all I get all day everyday is her saying horrible things about me like how bad I look or I look cheap or emo etc she calls me names and makes me feel so awfull and I felt like I had to bottle it up inside and at night I would cry to where I am in physical pain in my stomach not just mentally . She also puts lies all over my social media horrible awfull things to make people not like me etc .she hits me and tried to strangle me once when I ate the last ice cream without realising she wanted one too she also once left me in a locked car for three to four hours with some crisps water and a book she has done lots more but those are the main ones . She once swore that she was going to ruin my life if it was the last thing she did I feel scared and trapped and I contacted my dad and my school and are still taking to them to figure out what is going to happen next but I'm scared what she is going to do when she finds out I praticaly told on her she will probably threaten me or something she has once threatened to drop a hammer on myheads so I'm worried and she is a compulsive liar and I'm worried she will lie and say I'm the one that's crazy and I'll have to stay here . When I read your post it made me cry :( hope you can get out . Sent with a hug xx</div>

7. Gamer
    ConfusedKoala101 / Jul 06 2020 18.58

Three years is a long time, and remember, asking for help is never going too far. It is probably best for you to ask for help. Maybe talk a to a teacher at boarding school?

I hope you are ok and that the situation will be solved soon, Mihika xx

ananonymous1 / Jul 07 2020 0.17

Hey Mihika,

You are right 3 years is quite a while, I will try to talk to childine about it, thanks for the advice.

Osi xx

8. Gamer
    Thechildishsinner / Jul 06 2020 20.38

<div>hey Osi my name is Jamie I'm 14 I just started on this website as a recommendation from my dad as I do not live with him and I'm not allowed to see him because of my mother I had to contact him as I was completely done with my mum I can't deal with her at all she is crazy I tried everything running away getting kicked out And I just can't get out like you said I feel like I'm trapped in prison my mum is horrible and up to a few months ago I didn't realise she was emotionally and physically abusing me she is horrible all I get all day everyday is her saying horrible things about me like how bad I look or I look cheap or emo etc she calls me names and makes me feel so awfull and I felt like I had to bottle it up inside and at night I would cry to where I am in physical pain in my stomach not just mentally . She also puts lies all over my social media horrible awfull things to make people not like me etc .she hits me and tried to strangle me once when I ate the last ice cream without realising she wanted one too she also once left me in a locked car for three to four hours with some crisps water and a book she has done lots more but those are the main ones . She once swore that she was going to ruin my life if it was the last thing she did I feel scared and trapped and I contacted my dad and my school and are still taking to them to figure out what is going to happen next but I'm scared what she is going to do when she finds out I praticaly told on her she will probably threaten me or something she has once threatened to drop a hammer on myheads so I'm worried and she is a compulsive liar and I'm worried she will lie and say I'm the one that's crazy and I'll have to stay here . When I read your post it made me cry :( hope you can get out . Sent with a hug xx</div>

ananonymous1 / Jul 07 2020 0.24

Hey Jamie,

I am so sorry that you also have to go through something like this :( . Its good that you have told someone about it, I still haven't built up the courage to do that. What your mum does sounds horrible and is totally not right I hope your issue gets sorted. Who knows maybe if your mum finds out that you told people about this she might change. I know how frightening it is to be around someone like her though. I hope you stay safe though. Its hard to believe we have parents like these hopefully we can both get them sorted. If anything happens or you feel worried I am always open to talk to.

Sending hugs xx

9. Childline Avatar

Osi

Temporary33950005 / Jul 07 2020 0.45

Hi Osi

Hope you are safe and well..I am 11 and honestly i can understand what you are going through .Maybe talking to your brother and sharing your worries will make you better.Also BELIEVE in yourself and motivate yourself and if things get worse i think you should tell someone.I know you can get through this.Also if youre mum doesnt stick up for you maybe she has a reason for that.Osi your mum spent 9 months in pain before you were born and i think your mum is just stressed like you.Give your mum some love ,deep down in her heart she cares for you lots.

Stay Safe!!

10. Gamer
    Temporary33950005 / Jul 07 2020 0.45

Hi Osi

Hope you are safe and well..I am 11 and honestly i can understand what you are going through .Maybe talking to your brother and sharing your worries will make you better.Also BELIEVE in yourself and motivate yourself and if things get worse i think you should tell someone.I know you can get through this.Also if youre mum doesnt stick up for you maybe she has a reason for that.Osi your mum spent 9 months in pain before you were born and i think your mum is just stressed like you.Give your mum some love ,deep down in her heart she cares for you lots.

Stay Safe!!

ananonymous1 / Jul 07 2020 13.44

Hey

Thank you for your advice, if I am being honest however I'm not really sure if my brother is an option. He has anger issues which I think he got from my Dad. I do sometimes talk to him about how my dad is but he is unpredictable sometimes he would agree and other times he would be in a bad mood due to my parents then scream at me and tell me to leave him alone. I know my mum cares for me as she is nice to me most times but sometimes she does some extreme things when she ins angry and she never used to do these things. For example if she is annoyed at me she will lock me outside and force me to play in the garden which I find boring. I will try to be nicer to her but sometimes its just hard because I feel sad all the time and when she refuses to try and help me become happier she will say stuff like it is my fault and I am just making myself sad. I hope I will find a way out of this though. Thanks

11. Artist

Osi

creative20 / Jan 11 2021 17.49

Please tell an adult you trust, the best person to tell is a teacher or a childline counsellor or maybe even the police. They will sort it out for you, you don't have to live with this. If you tell someone they can make sure that you don't have to live with your dad anymore. I am so sorry this is happening to you, please tell someone I promise they will help. I completely understand if you are scared, yes your life will probably change if you tell someone but it would change to get so much better. If you feel you need proof, take pictures of any marks you get from when your dad hits you. If you don't want to tell now, take the pictures anyway so you can tell later if you need to. Please tell someone, and come back to childline because it's always here for you.

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything