Anxiety

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Drumstix / Jun 22 2020 10.46

Hi, I'm kinda new to childline and how it works, but I wondered if I could get more help from here. Most of the time I'm and calm and confident person, but sometime before lockdown I sort of changed? I became really irritable for short periods of time, and I went to different lessons from my friends sometimes, meaning I went alone. When they all left I was usually okay, but one time I just sort of panicked. It was like 100 different emotions went though my head at once, and I just stood in the corridor confused. It was hard to catch my breath and I didn't know what was going on. It didn't happed for a while but then we went into lockdown. I couldn't keep up with the work being set and I started to get really paranoid all the time, constantly needing to move my hands or be doing something. Even when I had no work left to do, I was still worried, looking for something to stress about. I told my parents about the work, but it didn't make me feel any better because it was all still there. Now I'm always stressing about something, whether it be work or lockdown or other stuff. My breathing sometimes is a bit all over the place now, and I'm really conscious of it. I don't really know what yo do, as none of the techniques I've tried make any difference. Hopefully somebody can explain what's going on, and if I need to talk to a doctor or anything. Thanks

2. Heart
    CandyflossKitten / Jun 27 2020 11.07

Hiya!

My bestie has been super stressed about work in lockdown as well and the things I said to her was keeping calm by slow breathing in and out. There are plenty of tutorials online or go to the Childline Calm Zone for more ideas. It helped me and my bestie a lot.

When you said about you had 100 emotions going through your head when you were in the corridor, this could have been a panic attack.

Hope this helps

xx

3. Fixer
    Codytheemo / Jun 28 2020 11.49

Hi there!

Ive been feeling the exact same way as you. Ive been stressing over random things, getting annoyed easily etc. Ive found that just doing the things you love helps. For example if you like art watch some art tutorial videos and try and improve or if you like music, get inspiration from your favourite bands or solo singers and make your own song. Do things that make you feel happy and relaxed and soon youll start to feel that way more often 🙂 I hope this helps.

4. Childline Avatar
    Drumstix / Jun 29 2020 10.17

Hey, thanks guys that did help a bit. About the panic attack bit, is there something I can do to stop that happening? Like speaking to a doctor or mental health professional?

5. Heart
    Drumstix / Jun 29 2020 10.17

Hey, thanks guys that did help a bit. About the panic attack bit, is there something I can do to stop that happening? Like speaking to a doctor or mental health professional?

CandyflossKitten / Jun 29 2020 10.39

If you feel like its about to happen, close your eyes and breath deeply then it either won't happen or stop soon. Eventually, they'll stop happening.

Speaking to a doctor or medical profession would be a good idea or even a Childline counselor.

Bye

xx

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything