drinking and smoking

This content might introduce themes and ideas that may be confusing or shocking if you have not experienced them before.   

Go to Alcohol, Smoking and Drugs

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    happy-gal / Jun 14 2020 1.52

so im 14 and ive been smoking for about a year and a half. ive been drinking occasionally for 2 years but in lockdown ive been smoking and drinking everyday. not just smoking cigs. ive got addicted to it all now and ive tried to stop and ended up trying to kill myslef. i dont know what to do ive told my mum but i didnt get much help i think i need help and i hate relying on drugs and alchol all the time. can comeone please help me i keep having suicidle thoughts and its getting too much. about 2 weeks ago i tried to kill myslef for the 3 time. i used to self harm and i was clean for 6 months and now i have started again. who can i speak to for help or how do i get help i want this all to end

2. Childline Avatar
    libsmdw12xox / Jun 17 2020 2.29

Hi there! Lockdown is a strange time at the moment. I can even admit that I have been having one too many drinks myself. I’m really sorry you’ve been having suicidal thoughts too..that is something I struggle with too. What I find helps is writing down what I’m feeling in a book or a piece of paper or find a way to distract yourself from the negative thoughts. Perhaps try speaking to your mum or someone else in your family again. You could even write it down or text them if you are afraid of speaking out.

3. Butterfly
    River739287479248 / Jun 19 2020 13.44

what ive learnt is to tell someone, and if they dont listen, to tell someone else. keep doing this until your voice is finally heard

4. Headphones
    Temporary54989697 / Jun 22 2020 11.57

Drugs and smoking can be hard to stop but my advice is just to stop for a few days and you will get used to it. I can relate to you guys because I used to have a drug before I went to sleep to help me sleep without waking up in the middle of the night but I stopped for a few nights and I haven't had a drug since. Hope this helps

5. Sheep
    happy-gal / Jun 14 2020 1.52

so im 14 and ive been smoking for about a year and a half. ive been drinking occasionally for 2 years but in lockdown ive been smoking and drinking everyday. not just smoking cigs. ive got addicted to it all now and ive tried to stop and ended up trying to kill myslef. i dont know what to do ive told my mum but i didnt get much help i think i need help and i hate relying on drugs and alchol all the time. can comeone please help me i keep having suicidle thoughts and its getting too much. about 2 weeks ago i tried to kill myslef for the 3 time. i used to self harm and i was clean for 6 months and now i have started again. who can i speak to for help or how do i get help i want this all to end

Spongebob203 / Jul 15 2020 14.47

Hi, Im sorry that im late but, you should talk to a childine councellor or something. Or if your year group is at school then tell a councellor from school? Or I dont know, sorry. I hope that you feel better soon!

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything