Self consciousness

Show
  1. Coolcat
    JalapenoFace / Jun 12 2020 12.39

Hi

So lately I've been feeling really bad about how I look. It started when (about two months ago) my younger brother (he's 13, im 15) called me fat. He said it was a joke, but it made me feel really bad. He's done it before, but since that time, him and my other two younger siblings have been repeating stuff he's been saying. For example, they keep saying I have sharp pointy boobs just because I once hugged them and they pressed against them a bit, and my 13 yr old brother jumped back and was like "ow, ow, theyre sharp!" Another thing that's not helping is the way my sister (11yrs) keeps repeating stuff my 13 yr old brother has said. They hang out in his room a lot, and cos my brother is at the same school as me, he kind of knows what i do at school. So anyway, she'll come back from his room, and be like "Jeff says you do this," or "Bob says you're this," or "Alf says this, is it true?" BTW i substituted his real name for random ones, none of those are his real name. Anyway, he's always telling my sister about how unpopular i am at school, and because he knows my friends, he says that "Your friends think you're really annoying," and i say "thats not true, theyre my friends," and he says "it is true, i asked them and they told me." I'm quite gullible, so i obviousy dont want to believe that, but its hard when he says it a lot, and he mentions my friends names like "Gertrude said youre silly," or "Mavis says you're annoying." Again, not my real friends names, but i cant mention them properly.

Its really getting me down, and its not like i can go out to get away from him (lockdown sucks!!) so i need help

please!!

2. Coolcat
    ChickenKorma / Jun 14 2020 23.55

hey im the 15 too and my younger brothers also 13. he does the smae thing to me and my mum constantly commenting in hers and my weight he constantly tells me no one likes me and people only hang out with me coz they feel bad i guess it hurts the most coming from him as hes family. maybe its an age thing but atleast theres someone else going through the same thing here if you need to talk or just someone to listen :)

3. Coolcat
    ChickenKorma / Jun 14 2020 23.55

hey im the 15 too and my younger brothers also 13. he does the smae thing to me and my mum constantly commenting in hers and my weight he constantly tells me no one likes me and people only hang out with me coz they feel bad i guess it hurts the most coming from him as hes family. maybe its an age thing but atleast theres someone else going through the same thing here if you need to talk or just someone to listen :)

JalapenoFace / Jun 15 2020 8.35

Hi

Yeah, i feel worst when its coming from him, especially as we used to be super close when we were younger. He says stuff like that to me as well. Another thing that i didnt mention is that i feel really bad that i can't trust him with stuff. So basically i told him that i liked a boy cos he told me who he liked, and we swore not to tell anyone, and he told my little sister and she wont shut up about it. Also he read my old diary in which i wrote about him and the issues between him and me. Sorry if this sounds like a massive complainey list, but i need to tell somebody!!

Thanks so much for being here!!

Bekah

4. Coolcat
    JalapenoFace / Jun 15 2020 8.35

Hi

Yeah, i feel worst when its coming from him, especially as we used to be super close when we were younger. He says stuff like that to me as well. Another thing that i didnt mention is that i feel really bad that i can't trust him with stuff. So basically i told him that i liked a boy cos he told me who he liked, and we swore not to tell anyone, and he told my little sister and she wont shut up about it. Also he read my old diary in which i wrote about him and the issues between him and me. Sorry if this sounds like a massive complainey list, but i need to tell somebody!!

Thanks so much for being here!!

Bekah

ChickenKorma / Jun 16 2020 10.52

I was close to my brother when we were younger, we used to dress up in dresses and he would let me put makeup on him. Since he started yr 7 tho we haven't been as close and i miss it. Its really trash that he told your sister about that. Id suggest try talking to him about it but i know my brother wouldn't listen and would definitely end up using everything i said against me. Don't be sorry about complaining honestly i think brothers are so hard to try and get along with.

Glad i was able to help a bit

Grace :)

5. Coolcat
    ChickenKorma / Jun 16 2020 10.52

I was close to my brother when we were younger, we used to dress up in dresses and he would let me put makeup on him. Since he started yr 7 tho we haven't been as close and i miss it. Its really trash that he told your sister about that. Id suggest try talking to him about it but i know my brother wouldn't listen and would definitely end up using everything i said against me. Don't be sorry about complaining honestly i think brothers are so hard to try and get along with.

Glad i was able to help a bit

Grace :)

JalapenoFace / Jun 17 2020 15.43

oh my gosh i cannot believe how alike our brother issues are!! My brother and i grew apart when he started yr 7 as well!! This is crazy. But also its good cos we can empathize and sympathize with each other!

I have tried talking to him about it, but it usually ends up with him listing and ranting about all the problems he has with our parents. He doesn't get on with them very well atm. I don't think its all his fault though. I think lockdown has affected him a lot more than we thought, and more than he shows. I want to talk to him about how i'm feeling, and about how he's feeling, but i just dont think it would go that well...

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything