is this legal orrr?

Show
  1. Heart
    jodiejade / Jun 11 2020 17.16

hi so basically idk if this is legal or not. can a parent lock a 7year old in the house and only let them out for school and the occassional supermarket shop? like isnt that neglect? or abuse? her social skills arent that cracking as it is. her mum died 2years ago and shes got very explosive emotional outbursts.

please help thankyou xoxo

2. Childline Avatar

hi so basically idk if this is legal or not. can a parent lock a 7year old in the house and only let them out for school and the occassional supermarket shop? like isnt that neglect? or abuse? her social skills arent that cracking as it is. her mum died 2years ago and shes got very explosive emotional outbursts.

Temporary86943366 / Jun 13 2020 22.03

hi , i think that is deffinitly neglect , you should probubly tell a teacher you trust or an adult or talk to childlind counsellors for advise .

3. Heart
    51Grace / Jun 13 2020 22.13

hey im G, it’s nice to talk to you.

that sounds really horrible and i don’t think it should happen

if this is a friend it’s happening to try to stay in contact and be enthusiastic, things can be bumpy but we should always remember to be kind. it is not ok for anyone to feel less than perfect and whoever is doing that mabye needs some love

just know that there are people who can help

u r loved

xxx

4. Butterfly

Amazefaze / Jun 22 2020 15.16

hi you should definately tell someone. that sound rather nasty and it should not happen.

5. Childline Avatar

gllouisex / Jul 10 2020 0.24

Please speak to a teacher about this, Children are allowed freedom too! ❤️

6. Childline Avatar

Ellessefiy / Oct 09 2020 2.34

please speak to someone you trust to get help this is not right!! or if you or someone you know that is going through this and you feel asif your in danger please calm for help or call the police i suggest you speak with one off the team at childline

7. Childline Avatar

Pipi-55TT / Feb 07 2021 12.04

Yeah no that is not a normal thing and im pretty sure that its neglect. Everyone should have freedom! please try to tell someone I.E a teacher you trust or maybe another family memeber.

Xxxx

8. Top dog
    GoldenRetrieverPuppy / Feb 11 2021 19.17

Hello jodiejade,

That definitely doesn't sound right. What is happening to that child is emotional neglect. Children need to be able to go out and have fun. Denying them this is neglect, even if the child is being fed properly and looked after physically. It's understandable that this child is having emotional outbursts.

You really need to tell someone, so that she can get help. I know that talking to people can sometimes be hard. I have a plan that can help. It's called the Who-What-When-How plan. You will need to decide:

• Who to talk to. You could speak to your parents or carers, another family member or an adult at school for instance. One idea would be to speak to someone who knows the child you are worried about.

• What to say. You will need to tell them that the child is being locked in the house and only being let out for school and the occasional supermarket shop. You might also need to tell them other details, such as the address, depending on who you talk to.

• When to tell them. Choose a time when you have privacy and neither of you are about to rush off. You could ask them to arrange a time for you to talk about something important.

• How to tell them. You could talk out loud, write a letter or an email or draw a picture to start the conversation. One option would be to talk things through with Childline, to help them decide. You could even ask Childline to tell someone else for you, so that the girl can get some help.

I hope this helps and that you both get the support you need with this.

Elizabeth (my online pseudonym)

9. Childline Avatar
    Temporary42819375 / Mar 16 2021 11.18

If there was a fire or something she wouldn't be able to escape from it. It's not right

10. Childline Avatar
    ActiveRunningDuck6015 / Aug 03 2021 1.51

its not right and i feel so bad!!! <3 :):) good luck with sorting this all out 😀👍🤞👌👍🤞👌👌😀😀

11. Childline Avatar

ProudHoppingWolf4444 / Aug 24 2021 21.22

Hello, thats not legal, its not ok, and you or whoever this is happening to deserves better.

As a child, especially that young, you need to be able to experience freedom.

Talk to anybody, a friends parent, a teacher, or you can go onto the 1-on-1 councelling they provide here.

I have been in a similar situation, and I know how scary it is, but trust me sweetie, its much better once you've talked to somebody.

I understand that sometimes you have a feeling of loyalty and love to the person whos doing it, or that you are told its for the best, but its not, and you need freedom.

Try your best love, try and talk to anybody about this.

You are special, loved, and cared for XXXX

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything