Emetophobia

Show
  1. Sweets
    --zoe-- / Jun 11 2020 11.07

I'm struggling right now with emetophobia and it's not fun, I keep thinking that I'm going to be sick and then I panic. I don't know how to help myself. I try to distract myself with Netflix or games on my phone but I just can't, the feeling just comes back.

2. Childline Avatar
    Temporary96887650 / Jun 15 2020 22.14

Hi Zoe. I also struggle with emetophobia. Distractions are key with this phobia. When I’m feeling anxious I like to listen to music, call a friend or watch my favourite TV show. I also try to remind myself that it’s just my anxiety and every other time I have thought I was going to be sick, I never was :) You should also try mediation, it’s extremely relaxing. I hope you find this helpful and that you’re well x

3. Sweets
    Temporary96887650 / Jun 15 2020 22.14

Hi Zoe. I also struggle with emetophobia. Distractions are key with this phobia. When I’m feeling anxious I like to listen to music, call a friend or watch my favourite TV show. I also try to remind myself that it’s just my anxiety and every other time I have thought I was going to be sick, I never was :) You should also try mediation, it’s extremely relaxing. I hope you find this helpful and that you’re well x

--zoe-- / Jun 15 2020 23.11

thank you, I might try meditation or yoga or something because I think I need something relaxing to do rather than just lying about doing nothing lol. I've found some people who also have emetophobia and we made a group chat so I talk on there a lot which helps.

hope you're doing well x

4. Childline Avatar
    --zoe-- / Jun 11 2020 11.07

I'm struggling right now with emetophobia and it's not fun, I keep thinking that I'm going to be sick and then I panic. I don't know how to help myself. I try to distract myself with Netflix or games on my phone but I just can't, the feeling just comes back.

Igaaaa / Jul 27 2020 20.46

living with emetophobia is very hard for me as well there is no way to fully recover but there are ways to deal with it like CBT so hang in there! we can make it better :)

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything