I think my parents hate each other

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Temporary81221999 / Jun 10 2020 15.19

My parents have argued about a lot of things from time to time, but today was horrible. They didn't harm me or hurt me, they just simply lost it with each other. Even as i'm typing these words I am crying. Nothing like this has ever happened before, and I don't feel like anyone I know would understand. I would feel so conflicted trying to talk to my parents because I feel like they want me to take their side in the argument, I have friends who have been through similar things, but id feel so uneasy talking about it. I went on a bike ride with my dad to calm down, but I don't think I have ever tried so hard not to cry in my life. He started talking about a divorce and stuff, and I suddenly felt so nervous about friends and school and even other family members. I think its the feeling of knowing that the two people who love you most In life don't love each other. Please someone reach out to me. I am not looking for counselling, personal help or anything like that. I am just looking for some reassurance that someone has felt what I am feeling and can somehow relate to my situation. Please.

2. Childline Avatar
    willow269 / Jun 12 2020 13.18

hey x i get you. my parents fight all the time and it’s horrible but you can get through it. ik the idea of them getting a divorce is hard but it will probably make things better in the long run. and maybe there not the re best people to talk to abt it if they try and get you to take sides. but i was wondering do you have any siblings? cause i found talking to my sister rlly helped. anyway i hope this helped a little bit, i’m here if you want me to listen to you more xx

3. Childline Avatar
    Temporary81221999 / Jun 10 2020 15.19

My parents have argued about a lot of things from time to time, but today was horrible. They didn't harm me or hurt me, they just simply lost it with each other. Even as i'm typing these words I am crying. Nothing like this has ever happened before, and I don't feel like anyone I know would understand. I would feel so conflicted trying to talk to my parents because I feel like they want me to take their side in the argument, I have friends who have been through similar things, but id feel so uneasy talking about it. I went on a bike ride with my dad to calm down, but I don't think I have ever tried so hard not to cry in my life. He started talking about a divorce and stuff, and I suddenly felt so nervous about friends and school and even other family members. I think its the feeling of knowing that the two people who love you most In life don't love each other. Please someone reach out to me. I am not looking for counselling, personal help or anything like that. I am just looking for some reassurance that someone has felt what I am feeling and can somehow relate to my situation. Please.

Temporary31597946 / Jun 27 2020 22.34

i am going through the same thing all of my life actually. it gets really bad sometimes and police have been involved several times due to huge and loud arguments. i know what you mean when you say that you feel like they hate each other, my parents are definitely not happy together and it always makes me feel terrible that they feel so trapped. there is some issues with alcohol in my family which causes fights, but my parents in particular never effectively communicate with each other about how they feel. i hope you are fine x

4. Childline Avatar
    loopyla123 / Jul 06 2020 0.05

Hiii,

I just wanted to come on here and say that everything will be alright! My parents used to argue a lot, not necessarily shouting at eachother, but it really got to me. When I realised that they didn't love each other anymore, it made me sad, angry,annoyed, stressed, and all the things i shouldn't be. I felt so bottled up but at the same time, i didn't know how to feel. This was all about 1 1/2 years ago and the divorce just came through. Sometimes a divorce is better than having two people living together and arguing all the time without any love. It will be alright and will all be okay. They may not even separate and make up in the end, but just hold on tight and stay positive. I'm always here to talk x

5. Superstar
    Temporary59482578 / Jul 10 2020 21.32

I’m really sorry for you and I know how it feels. When I was three my parents split up and I have never really quite understood it. I am here if you need to talk and have reassurance. Although I have seen my dad rarely since but although that is the case with me, it does not mean that this will happen to you too! On the contrary, although parents having a devorce may seem weird and scary at first, it does not mean this will always be the case, you may have 2 christmases and easters and 2 birthdays and that can be quite fun. I completely understand how you feel and I am always here if you need to talk or need some more reassurance! I hope you find this helpful and I know you must feel awkward. I hope you feel a bit better after reading this xx

6. Coolcat
    Mememonkey / Jul 28 2020 22.36

I totally understand

My parents always argue.Sometimes i feel like they dont even know im there.So they get worse and worse.

From -mememonkey

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything