Scared of being caught

Show
  1. Bursting
    lemoncakee104 / Jun 07 2020 23.27

I have been invited to my friends house for a small birthday gathering, and theres going to be alcohol there. Everyone else there is allowed to drink but me. my intention is not to get drunk or have much but im scared of my mom finding out

The thought of going is causing me to have panic attacks and insomnia. I dont want to get caught but i dont want to miss out as shes one of my closest friends. i also dont want her mom to get in trouble. but what if she posts it on facebook bc my mom has my friend AND her mom on it.

i also said that i’d go with my friend as we both dont really talk to the other people there. im worried that if i dont go she wont either amd itll ruin it for her

what should i do :(

2. Athlete
    KiwiBirdz / Jun 10 2020 3.27

I'd personally suggest to tell your mom what is going on.

Tell her that (If i'm understanding correctly), you don't intend to drink, but you decision does not impact other peoples choices, and they may choose otherwise.

I'm sure your mom is aware of your friend, and I'm sure there is some level of trust (That how it is for my friends), however if your friends mum is PROVIDING alcohol to those under 18.... I'm sorry but the legal aspect of that is blurry

https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/alcohol-facts/alcohol-and-the-law/the-law-on-alcohol-and-under-18s/

Check this URL and check with your friends mom, make sure she isn't breaking any of these regulations. I'd rather you all stay safe than break the law by mistake.

Have a good day! Stay safe,

3. Scientist
    lemoncakee104 / Jun 07 2020 23.27

I have been invited to my friends house for a small birthday gathering, and theres going to be alcohol there. Everyone else there is allowed to drink but me. my intention is not to get drunk or have much but im scared of my mom finding out

The thought of going is causing me to have panic attacks and insomnia. I dont want to get caught but i dont want to miss out as shes one of my closest friends. i also dont want her mom to get in trouble. but what if she posts it on facebook bc my mom has my friend AND her mom on it.

i also said that i’d go with my friend as we both dont really talk to the other people there. im worried that if i dont go she wont either amd itll ruin it for her

what should i do :(

Griffindorgeek / Jul 23 2020 12.51

i dont know wheather the party already happend but explain the situation to your mum

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything