Feedback about changes to Childline

Show
  1. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Jun 02 2020 10.15

Hi everyone,

In March, we posted to let you know about some of the changes to Childline due to coronavirus.  We know that some of you have been limited to a much shorter time on chats and calls and that you’ve posted to let us know what that has been like.  We’re really happy to be able to tell you that now, you’ll again be able to call and have 121 chats just as you would have done before (from 9am until midnight).  We hope that helps!

But we’d love to hear all your views on what those shorter times were like for you.  And we really want to find out more about what you think about the other changes that were made too.  They are:

Moderation on the message boards used to stop at 9pm but since March, we extended that to 11:30pm to let you all keep supporting each other in our community during this time. And you've all been amazing!

Switchboard was changed to a recorded message because lots of volunteers weren’t able to come in to make sure that they stayed safe and so that social distancing could happen in Childline bases.  But the options on this message were to get you the kind of help you were looking for as quickly as possible.

Childline hasn’t been able to offer a night service for a while due to the same amount of counsellors not able to come in.

And we introduced the Childline helper to make it easy to find exactly what you’re looking for on the site, even if you can’t wait to talk to a counsellor.

If you feel able to tell us what has worked, what didn’t or about any other changes you’ve thought about, please post!  And ask any questions too about these changes and about how things have had to be for just now.

Thanks!

Jas-Host

2. Headphones
    TheAverageE / Jun 02 2020 14.09

Hi Jas,

I don’t chat or call very often, and I never really had experience with shorter calls/chats because on the couple of occasions when I did, they were their usual length.

I really like that messages can be moderated until 11.30pm. It’s really great to know that if I post a supportive message to someone after 9pm, it’ll get to them that night. And I spend most of my time on the internet after 9pm haha.

The ChildLine helper is really cool, it has some great information on it.

The automated switchboard is really good too and the options are clear and decisive.

I hope this is helpful to you.

-Eleanor.

3. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Jun 03 2020 17.32

Hi Eleanor,

Hope you're doing ok!

Yes, this is really helpful - thank you!

And we really have noticed the difference that the extra hours of moderation have made in terms of you all replying to each other!

Thanks!

Jas-Host

4. Headphones
    TheAverageE / Jun 03 2020 17.55

Hi Jas,

It’s no problem, glad I can be of help.

-Eleanor

5. Spiralling
    CosmicComicFox / Jun 08 2020 17.28

Hey Jas!

I personally havent really had any issues with shorter chats and calls. My 1-2-1 chats have been completely amazing and the councellers are just as great sa they were before. I havent ever really had the courage to call soi wont make a comment on that. I love that we can send message board posts after 9pm and sttill get them through. I have been a reciever of such messages and its so nice to get them even after 9pm. I am usually only able to comment in the afternoon so its great.

Anyway, I'll stop with this message now, i dont want it to become a lump of randomness.

see ya,

Blake

6. Childline Avatar
    252525 / Jun 09 2020 3.17

Hey Everyone

I just Singed up today and so far Child Line has made me feel so much better

I dont have much to say I would just like to say to every one who is reading

You are all amazing and what ever your Struggling with you will get frow it.

7. Childline Avatar
    252525 / Jun 09 2020 3.17

Hey Everyone

I just Singed up today and so far Child Line has made me feel so much better

I dont have much to say I would just like to say to every one who is reading

You are all amazing and what ever your Struggling with you will get frow it.

25252525 / Jun 09 2020 12.48

This is me I had to crate a New Account forgot the Password 😂

8. Childline Avatar
    fynley4 / Jun 11 2020 14.32

hi my name is fynley l am sad

9. Top dog

Fosterkid765 / Jun 11 2020 18.08

i am here if u need to talk and so is childline

10. Reaching out
    CosmicComicFox / Jun 08 2020 17.28

Hey Jas!

I personally havent really had any issues with shorter chats and calls. My 1-2-1 chats have been completely amazing and the councellers are just as great sa they were before. I havent ever really had the courage to call soi wont make a comment on that. I love that we can send message board posts after 9pm and sttill get them through. I have been a reciever of such messages and its so nice to get them even after 9pm. I am usually only able to comment in the afternoon so its great.

Anyway, I'll stop with this message now, i dont want it to become a lump of randomness.

see ya,

Blake

Jas-Host / Jun 13 2020 10.30

Hi Blake,

Ha, it definitely wouldn't be a lump of randomness! We love hearing all your thoughts!

Thank you for this - it's really helpful and we're really pleased that your chats have still been this amazing!

As for board posts, it's been so lovely to see you all using the boards so much and we're really glad that it feels this nice to get messages - I'm truly proud of how much you all support each other and to be able to have that support later into the night has been even more important in this current situation.

Take care,

Jas-Host

11. Reaching out

Jas-Host / Jun 13 2020 10.32

Hi fynley,

We're really glad that you can talk about feeling sad and there's lots of other young people on the boards who would love to try to help out and let you know that they are there for you, just like Fosterkid765 has shown here.

There are lots of different boards where you might want to talk about some of the things making you feel sad and see what helps others when they feel sad too.

Take care,

Jas-Host

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything