Show
  1. Mute
    emojilove2 / May 29 2020 16.19

Hi Jas,

Can I make friends on here sorry it's a stupid question but it's hard to make friends on here

Alina

2. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / May 30 2020 18.32

Hi Alina,

There are never any stupid questions! Please do always ask! And if it's something you've been wondering about, it's likely others have thought about it too!

You can make friends on the boards! We know that lots of young people have known each other on the boards for a while and all talk to each other a lot.

But it's not the same as knowing someone face to face as to make sure everyone stays anonymous, there are certain things we can't accept. Like full names and posts that maybe contain a lot of personal information in them. That's because the boards are public and it's really important that you can all post about anything you want to talk about and others don't know who you are away from the boards and can't find out where you are or the places you go to.

It's also about having replies from all different young people, from all different places in the U.K and from all different ages, so you can be friends with lots but in a board way, if that makes sense?

It's about friendly replies, getting to know each other safely and just all being there for each other, no matter what you want to talk about or what you're thinking or feeling. And while that's not the same as meeting a friend or being able to message them privately, we know how much of a difference it can make and how many different experiences and sharing of advice it can give.

So, the boards are a big, friendly community. And we're very glad to have you a part of it!

Take care,

Jas-Host

3. Outcast
    maryceleste / May 30 2020 23.27

Hi Alina,

I would love to be friends if you want to? What are your hobbies or intrests? My name is Anais and I like sewing, reading and struggle with getting my stories n paper. I think i have written about 5 books in my head ! Jas is right, Childline has a big sense of communty. I have only just joined, so we are both beginers! I am always here to talk!

4. Mute
    maryceleste / May 30 2020 23.27

Hi Alina,

I would love to be friends if you want to? What are your hobbies or intrests? My name is Anais and I like sewing, reading and struggle with getting my stories n paper. I think i have written about 5 books in my head ! Jas is right, Childline has a big sense of communty. I have only just joined, so we are both beginers! I am always here to talk!

emojilove2 / May 31 2020 11.29

Hey Anais

Nice to meet you I would love to be your friend😊

I don't really have a hobby but.i'm very interested in playing diffrent games on my phone also my favaroutie subjects at school is PE Science ICT and music and my least favourite is English😓Me and my English Teacher don't get along no more and ive got school on the 15th and I dont want to face her😪because I sent this email to her and she told the deupty head and she rang me and apprently that email was mean but I said to her I dont meam to be like that😐

Always here to talk anytime❤

Alina

5. Outcast
    maryceleste / Jun 01 2020 13.05

Hello Alina,

I’m so sorry you and your teacher don’t get along very well. I say things to people that are mean but I’m not trying to be mean too. It could also be because she read it in a diffrent way to what you meant. Just ignore her if she is rude and try not to be ‘’ mean’‘ Because I don’t get along with my PE teacher and I said to him that he was being unfair. I ended missing breaktime and having to listen to him talk about my attitude. Maybe I was being mean? What’s your favourite game to play on your phone? Mine is Minecraft. I like science as well but my favourite subject is history. Do you play any instruments? ICT is cool! I used to be terrible at typing and everybody laughed at me. But now I am pretty good and most people are not laughing at me anymore. If you are worried about going back to school think of seeing your friends and maybe even the teachers you do like.

I hope you are feeling okay and am there if you want to talk.

Anaïs

6. Mute
    maryceleste / Jun 01 2020 13.05

Hello Alina,

I’m so sorry you and your teacher don’t get along very well. I say things to people that are mean but I’m not trying to be mean too. It could also be because she read it in a diffrent way to what you meant. Just ignore her if she is rude and try not to be ‘’ mean’‘ Because I don’t get along with my PE teacher and I said to him that he was being unfair. I ended missing breaktime and having to listen to him talk about my attitude. Maybe I was being mean? What’s your favourite game to play on your phone? Mine is Minecraft. I like science as well but my favourite subject is history. Do you play any instruments? ICT is cool! I used to be terrible at typing and everybody laughed at me. But now I am pretty good and most people are not laughing at me anymore. If you are worried about going back to school think of seeing your friends and maybe even the teachers you do like.

I hope you are feeling okay and am there if you want to talk.

Anaïs

emojilove2 / Jun 01 2020 14.54

Hey

Ye I did say this to her

I just want to say that you clearly don't care about my work. I won't be doing any of your project anymore if your not going to reply I am not doing it.

The only reason I said that is because if I do chapter two and you don't like it I will have to do it all again and I don't like writing as it is.

I've already sent you chapter one I know your going to say that's not a lot but that's chapter one and I will put more detail in chapter two but because you didn't reply and you don't care about my work I don't know if I will do it now.

I'm not wasting my time on that especially if you don't care and I know Miss said it's my work not yours. But I'm not bothered if I fail English now.

If you actually cared about my work I would have written more like I used to but you don't care anymore so I am not interested any more in the work and I will admit I did used to like your lessons a little bit in 3.1.

I know you said to me before I'm one of the highest in the class but to be honest I didn't believe you because I know I'm not one of the highest in the class.

You just said that to me just to make me write more.

I'm sorry if that sounds mean to you but I couldn't explain it in any other better way.

But I appolgied I said

Hi

I was looking at the previous email i had sent you, and after reading it a few times i see that it sounded a bit rude , i didnt mean for it to come across like that and im sorry.

But no reply.

I play the piano and I have singing lessons😊

I'm glad no one is laughing at you now.

I laugh when im nervous when I get in trouble but I don't mean it.

Alina

7. Outcast
    maryceleste / Jun 02 2020 10.49

Hi Alina,

I definetly understand why you were angry about this. I don't like it when I feel a teacher isn't reading my work properly.

I think it was really brave of you to say sorry, well done! When you go back to school just be friendly but if she is rude

tell her about it. I sometimes have a lot of anger and sadness bottled up and don't say anything for a long time and

then I let it all out. It always gets me in trouble, when I really am just sad. Your teacher sounds a bit mean, do not feel

bad if she doesn't answer your email. You have said sorry and I honestly don't think she should be upset with you

anymore. I hope this helps. The piano sounds fun, I tried the keyboard but I gave up after a while. I play the double bass

though. Are you still doing your singing lessons on zoom or are you waiting until this is all over. What kind of music do

you like?

I would love to talk again soon.

8. Mute
    maryceleste / Jun 02 2020 10.49

Hi Alina,

I definetly understand why you were angry about this. I don't like it when I feel a teacher isn't reading my work properly.

I think it was really brave of you to say sorry, well done! When you go back to school just be friendly but if she is rude

tell her about it. I sometimes have a lot of anger and sadness bottled up and don't say anything for a long time and

then I let it all out. It always gets me in trouble, when I really am just sad. Your teacher sounds a bit mean, do not feel

bad if she doesn't answer your email. You have said sorry and I honestly don't think she should be upset with you

anymore. I hope this helps. The piano sounds fun, I tried the keyboard but I gave up after a while. I play the double bass

though. Are you still doing your singing lessons on zoom or are you waiting until this is all over. What kind of music do

you like?

I would love to talk again soon.

emojilove2 / Jun 02 2020 13.05

Hey yes I send her some of my work and she doesn't respond but apparently all the other teachers say she likes me a lot but I don't know if that really is true and no my school doesn't do zoom lessons:[

9. Outcast
    maryceleste / Jun 02 2020 14.22

Hey,

I’m sure she is just busy and that is why

she doesn’t answer your messages. I

always look to far into things and she

probably isn’t even thinking about it

anymore.My school doesn’t do zoom

lessons either, but my friends keep

wanting to talk on zoom and I have no

idea how log in or anything! Any tips?

I hope this kind of helped.

Anaïs

10. Mute
    maryceleste / Jun 02 2020 14.22

Hey,

I’m sure she is just busy and that is why

she doesn’t answer your messages. I

always look to far into things and she

probably isn’t even thinking about it

anymore.My school doesn’t do zoom

lessons either, but my friends keep

wanting to talk on zoom and I have no

idea how log in or anything! Any tips?

I hope this kind of helped.

Anaïs

emojilove2 / Jun 02 2020 20.01

Hey to log onto zoom you can either log on the website or the app and just press log in or join a meeting and ask for a code from whoever started the meeting

Hope this helps

Alina

11. Outcast
    maryceleste / Jun 02 2020 22.08

Thank you so much. It really helped! How are you?

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything