In memory of my hamster.

Show
  1. Burying
    ILovedMyHamster / May 25 2020 22.25

I had the most wonderful dwarf hamster anyone could want.

One day, he started putting on a lot of weight and not moving. I felt around his skin just in case, and i felt a lump. I took him to the vets because i was concerned. I waited, anxiously and thats when the vet told me. He had cancer. He was put down one week ago.

Please help me as it is hard to think of him without crying.

2. Small

One day, he started putting on a lot of weight and not moving. I felt around his skin just in case, and i felt a lump. I took him to the vets because i was concerned. I waited, anxiously and thats when the vet told me. He had cancer. He was put down one week ago.

amazingbutterfly / May 26 2020 14.30

Aww i am so sorry for your loss. I have had two lovely female Syrian hamsters, both unfortunately died.

-Please don’t read the next bit if it will upset you-

My poor Lillie was bleeding and my Maisie had a massive lump / tumour that unfortunately burst out of her little body. Lillie almost passed away in my arms, Maisie once the tumour was visible outside the body, i knew it was time to let her go.

Losing a pet is heartbreaking, it is ok to cry when your grieving for them. It will take you time to process the loss, it is important you let yourself grieve.

I just have to remember that i am sure they lived a happy life and i know i tried to do my best for them, despite being poorly myself. I know i made the right decision for Maisie, as it was not right for her to be in pain.

I’m always here if you want to chat.

Best Wishes and lots of hugs, L

3. Small

amazingbutterfly / Jun 02 2020 22.25

I wondered how you are feeling now, as it has been a few days?

- amazingbutterfly

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything