Bereavement of my cousin to suicide

This content might introduce themes and ideas that may be confusing or shocking if you have not experienced them before.   

Go to Bereavement

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Anomonys2003 / May 23 2020 22.26

Hey,

August last year I sadly lost my cousin due to suicide. I have felt so alone and completely lost without him. Everyone keeps saying it will get easier but it doesn't seem that way. im also getting mixed feelings and messages saying it could have been prevented then im getting told it couldn't have been prevented. I feel like it was my fault that he took his own life as I feel I should have been there for him more and that guilt isn't leaving me. Anyone got any ideas or tips for dealing with this? x

2. Fixer
    Anomonys2003 / May 23 2020 22.26

Hey,

August last year I sadly lost my cousin due to suicide. I have felt so alone and completely lost without him. Everyone keeps saying it will get easier but it doesn't seem that way. im also getting mixed feelings and messages saying it could have been prevented then im getting told it couldn't have been prevented. I feel like it was my fault that he took his own life as I feel I should have been there for him more and that guilt isn't leaving me. Anyone got any ideas or tips for dealing with this? x

temporary567234 / May 28 2020 20.51

Hi, I'm sorry for your loss and it's not your fault. My uncle died over 10 years ago and it's still hard for me sometimes. I kept feeling like if I stopped him going to work the day he died, maybe he would still be alive but I would say you should try and find support with your family and friends. When I told my mum how I felt, she was going through the exact same thing. The guilt does go away with time but that time period is different for everyone. I hope this makes sense and I'm here if you need to talk x

3. Childline Avatar
    Anomonys2003 / Jun 03 2020 22.23

Hey, im sorry to hear about that. im always here if you need to talk too. I have tried to talk to my mum about it but I just feel she doesn't listen to me as she just keeps saying forget about it.

4. Headphones
    Actimel-203 / Jun 18 2020 19.15

Im so sorry. I dont really know what to write, but if it helps, I am sending lots of love xxx. Sorry.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything