eating in lockdown

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Temporary42084099 / May 22 2020 21.57

Hey, I struggle with an eating disorder that causes me to restrict my intake of food/calories. I'm finding lockdown difficult because I am not always able to have access to my safe foods (I am in recovery on a mealplan and monitored) because of food shortages. My parents say that I am selfish if I dont eat because theres a pandemic going on and the NHS have bigger issues. I am constantly feeling guilt wether I eat or not. Any advice/people going through the same thing?

2. Heart
    Babe23 / May 23 2020 10.16

you shouldnt feel guilty because your parents are trying to do it so you feel bad. I know its hard to do but try and stay strong and see what happens and maybe ring your doctor when they are open and see what they advise or even speak to a therapist

3. Small
    Temporary42084099 / May 22 2020 21.57

Hey, I struggle with an eating disorder that causes me to restrict my intake of food/calories. I'm finding lockdown difficult because I am not always able to have access to my safe foods (I am in recovery on a mealplan and monitored) because of food shortages. My parents say that I am selfish if I dont eat because theres a pandemic going on and the NHS have bigger issues. I am constantly feeling guilt wether I eat or not. Any advice/people going through the same thing?

mooneclipse / May 24 2020 3.34

Hey. You are not being selfish by not eating, whilst a pandemic is ongoing. However, I also think your parents didn’t mean to hurt you, and love you all the way. With them aside, It’s time to focus on you, and what you want. I myself struggle with restrictive eating, and the only best advice for you, right now, is not to rush things. Take things easy. Things will get better, if you focus in things getting better. Maybe not having access to your “safe foods” is maybe a bit of a positive thing? Maybe not for you, at the moment, but later on, as you hopefully progress, you’ll get used to trying things you stopped trying, and get used to that. Best of luck! Remeber, baby steps.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything