CAMHS and lockdown

Show
  1. Coolcat
    KiwiWhiskers / May 02 2020 18.08

Hi, I hope everyone is doing ok given the current situation.

I have been going to CAMHS for about a year now, and are basically my biggest support for things which ive been going through. Because of the lockdown though, all the meetings have been cancelled and we were supposed to have phone calls from what I know. Unfortunately, the only phone call I got was directed to my mum, and they only talked for 5 minutes.

I was wondering if anybody else who goes to CAMHS have been left hanging like that? I havent seen them in about 3 months now and without any support I have started feeling really suicidal again, and that they underestimated my situation. I just really want to know if anybody else is going through the same thing or is it just me.

Any advice will be helpful, and stay safe!

2. Loser
    porcelain-angel / May 04 2020 11.55

hi, i'm sorry CAMHS are flaking on you like that! that's definately not what they should be doing, for me they call me for an hour or so a week on skype and its the same as it is face to face just over a video call. i'm pretty sure others are getting the same as me too from what i've heard, all the councellors are working from home and the crisis line is still open so it should be as normal just over call.

get your mum to call them up and explain that you still need support, or call them and explain all this yourself and how you feel if you can. if it gets really bad call the crisis line, keep asking for help, you deserve it and need it!

i hope your situation gets better, stay safe :)

3. Coolcat
    porcelain-angel / May 04 2020 11.55

hi, i'm sorry CAMHS are flaking on you like that! that's definately not what they should be doing, for me they call me for an hour or so a week on skype and its the same as it is face to face just over a video call. i'm pretty sure others are getting the same as me too from what i've heard, all the councellors are working from home and the crisis line is still open so it should be as normal just over call.

get your mum to call them up and explain that you still need support, or call them and explain all this yourself and how you feel if you can. if it gets really bad call the crisis line, keep asking for help, you deserve it and need it!

i hope your situation gets better, stay safe :)

KiwiWhiskers / May 05 2020 21.32

Hi, thanks for replying!

I was wondering, if i were to call them, what should i say? I haven't seen them in a long time, and I really have a hard time calling people. I struggle with finding words to tell people how i feel, and my ind goes blank so I always avoid the thing I want to talk about the most.

Stay safe!

4. Childline Avatar
    KiwiWhiskers / May 05 2020 21.32

Hi, thanks for replying!

I was wondering, if i were to call them, what should i say? I haven't seen them in a long time, and I really have a hard time calling people. I struggle with finding words to tell people how i feel, and my ind goes blank so I always avoid the thing I want to talk about the most.

Stay safe!

HeyHowsItGoing / May 08 2020 13.06

Hey,

Maybe try writing a list of what you want to say and then have it in front of you to read while on the call. You could even tick each one off once you've spoken about it if that is helpful. Also, tell the counsellor who you are talking with that you are finding it hard to express how you feel because they may be able to help in some way.

I hope you manage to have the meetings again!

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything