Show
  1. Outcast
    Fr3dd13M3rcury / Apr 28 2020 16.30

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been on Childline for a long time, but I've been feeling so terrible lately, I felt it was time to open this up again.

So... lockdown. Ugh. My school has been giving me so much work it is so difficult to keep up with it. And a lot of the time, I've had no motivation or willing to do it at all. I feel like my school life doesn't have any control any more. I'm procrastinating like crazy, and I've been feeling like it is a lot more difficult without the help of a teacher.

I've also been feeling a variety of emotions. I hate it when I feel sad, but lately I've not been feeling any emotion at all. It's horrible. Sometimes, I don't even want to talk to my friends, even though I know they're just being friendly. I've been feeling angry at everything and everyone at the moment, and it's horrible. I feel like I want to scream and break stuff but at the same time just sit down and cry quietly.

I've been worrying a lot too. My Grandad's got the Coronavirus, and it's been worrying me s much. He made quite a good recovery, but then he went downhill again. My Dad said that the chances of him getting better aren't looking good. This makes me so upset and worried. And with the added pressure to do all my school work and keep calm is just making everything worse.

Me and my sister have been fighting like mad. Physical and with words. I always manage to convince her that the things she's saying don't effect me, but in reality they do hurt. To be fair, I have been being mean t her too, which is horrible of me. I feel like everything right now is my fault.

I hope your all doing well. Does anyone have any advice on how to get my life sorted right now? Or how to manage through these times?

Thank you for reading,

E xx

2. Childline Avatar
    StayFaithful / May 01 2020 0.52

First of all i want to say i really hope that your Grandads going to be okay. I feel exactly the same way and am quite relieved i found this post. I know my teachers are trying to prepare me for exams next year but they are giving us so much work. I feel overwhelmed knowing that I have to learn this stuff so that i pass but i just don’t have the motivation to do it. It takes so much energy to not get distracted and just not do my lessons. My sisters and I don’t really talk to each other at the moment because it usually ends in a fight. I know me saying it’s not your fault isn’t going to change much but it really isn’t. I’m not great at advice but here‘s a few tips I try to use:

•Try a new hobbie - e.g learning origami or meditation

•Don’t look at your lessons as the whole day but break them up- e.g think i only have to get to break then i can rest

•Keep to a routine- i know it may be hard to do even little things but your routine can be basic

•Talk to friends if you can- i obviously don’t know your friends but maybe try telling one of them how you feel. They might even feel the same way. If not, you can always use childline of other helpful websites

This is a painful time for all of us but we will all get through this together. Stay safe.

M xx

3. Outcast
    StayFaithful / May 01 2020 0.52

First of all i want to say i really hope that your Grandads going to be okay. I feel exactly the same way and am quite relieved i found this post. I know my teachers are trying to prepare me for exams next year but they are giving us so much work. I feel overwhelmed knowing that I have to learn this stuff so that i pass but i just don’t have the motivation to do it. It takes so much energy to not get distracted and just not do my lessons. My sisters and I don’t really talk to each other at the moment because it usually ends in a fight. I know me saying it’s not your fault isn’t going to change much but it really isn’t. I’m not great at advice but here‘s a few tips I try to use:

•Try a new hobbie - e.g learning origami or meditation

•Don’t look at your lessons as the whole day but break them up- e.g think i only have to get to break then i can rest

•Keep to a routine- i know it may be hard to do even little things but your routine can be basic

•Talk to friends if you can- i obviously don’t know your friends but maybe try telling one of them how you feel. They might even feel the same way. If not, you can always use childline of other helpful websites

This is a painful time for all of us but we will all get through this together. Stay safe.

M xx

Fr3dd13M3rcury / May 02 2020 13.14

Thanks! This really helped giving me some ideas on what I can do.

My Grandad actually passed away 2 days ago, but thank you for your concern.

E xx

4. Childline Avatar
    Fr3dd13M3rcury / May 02 2020 13.14

Thanks! This really helped giving me some ideas on what I can do.

My Grandad actually passed away 2 days ago, but thank you for your concern.

E xx

StayFaithful / May 09 2020 1.12

I’m really sorry for your loss. Hope you’re family’s doing okay.

M xx

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything