My weight

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    FinMuffin / Apr 14 2020 17.41

For a while now I've been struggling with my weight but I have now reached the point where my BMI is extremely overweight and I'm just sick and tired of it. Whilst I dont 'look' extremely overweight, I am curvy and thats not good because I am a trans-boy. I feel sick the way I am. I want to try eating healthier and exercising but it is just so difficult, I am an extremely picky eater, I dont like any vegetables or fruits, I cant eat things of a certain texture (E.G. Plain chicken, Pasta,) and this makes it really hard for me since the only things I do enjoy are bad for me. As well as that, exercising just makes me feel so bad when I work out for hours but still only manage to burn off a few calories. It makes me feel like I'm putting all the effort in for nothing... It also doesn't help that food is one of the only things that can cheer me up when I'm sad, and I'm sad a lot.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, I need help. I need encouraging and support. I need ideas for healthy things that I can actually eat. I need tips on how to get the most out of a work out. Any advice, tips, or encouragement you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

2. Winner
    onedirection45 / Jan 02 2021 20.55

hey i have the same problem but different i was always a skinny girl with skinnh friends but then i starded getting angry and stressed so i ate and ate a kept putting on weight and i never exersized since then ive put on alott of weight but all i wanna be is heathy

3. Childline Avatar
    Jasmine19 / Jan 09 2021 17.45

hi i have the complite opisite problem im extreamy underwaight and have been for like a year i keep getting told i need to eat more but i cant when i look in the mirror i feel like i need to louse waight

4. Coolcat
    cozyblanket / Jan 21 2021 20.44

I am also trying to lose weight and so far I am finding that exercising (although sometimes you just don't want to do it) and healthy eating is the best way forward, but try to cut down on takeaways and fizzy drinks and stuff. DON'T go on a no-carb diet thingy, and DO NOT stop eating, that is almost the worst thing you can do. Yoga is an amazing fat burner (As long as its flow yoga) and it is very easy to do! If you are feeling a bit more energetic, you could do some cardio workouts (Chloe Tings my fave) Body positivity, though. Definitely the hardest of the two, but Just stay calm when it feels bad, and just remember that you are on the path to being the best you you can be, stay calm and remember that you are beautiful and amazing.

Love,

Mia Xx

5. Outcast

For a while now I've been struggling with my weight but I have now reached the point where my BMI is extremely overweight and I'm just sick and tired of it. Whilst I dont 'look' extremely overweight, I am curvy and thats not good because I am a trans-boy. I feel sick the way I am. I want to try eating healthier and exercising but it is just so difficult, I am an extremely picky eater, I dont like any vegetables or fruits, I cant eat things of a certain texture (E.G. Plain chicken, Pasta,) and this makes it really hard for me since the only things I do enjoy are bad for me. As well as that, exercising just makes me feel so bad when I work out for hours but still only manage to burn off a few calories. It makes me feel like I'm putting all the effort in for nothing... It also doesn't help that food is one of the only things that can cheer me up when I'm sad, and I'm sad a lot.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, I need help. I need encouraging and support. I need ideas for healthy things that I can actually eat. I need tips on how to get the most out of a work out. Any advice, tips, or encouragement you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

tyles17 / Feb 09 2021 13.00

hi fin! i'm tyler.

i'm also a curvy trans boy. what i've been doing is a 10 minute HIIT workout by a girl called Emi Wong. you can do the same workout for 2 months straight and it will still burn fat like usual.

i didn't use to like a lot of vegetables - i am a picky eater too, to the point where i will only have crisps in certain flavours in certain shapes - but i just decided to like kale. i don't know why but now i love kale, cabbage, carrots, onions etc. bolognese sauce > literally anything else in the world. what i really recommend is just trying different foods and seeing how you like them. remember if you don't like the texture of a food cooked a certain way you can always cook it differently (apart from pasta, i don't know how to cook pasta a different way).

i also really enjoy unhealthy food, as i'm writing this i'm finishing a chocolate bar but i preach moderation. like, 3 a day is enough for me. i'm not a chunky guy and i'm quite thin but i'd like to be thinner because i want my collar bones to pop.

exercising should not last for hours. the most effective way for exercising to lose weight is HIIT. high intensity with short intervals. i do thirty minutes a WEEK and i've been doing this for a couple weeks and already have been getting results. the video i use is called 10 min Full Body HIIT Workout - FAT BURNING No Equipment | 10分鐘超燃脂全身間歇訓練 - 無需器材訓練 by Emi Wong.

also to make workouts more effective, work out every other day. i work out on mondays, wednesdays and fridays. you must leave time for your body to repair or you will GAIN weight rather than losing it. it is a slow process.

invest in a self soothing box. they're usually used for like ptsd but i use mine not only for ptsd but for cheering me up when i'm sad.

good luck on your adventure!

tyler x

6. Childline Avatar

samxearthgirl / Feb 19 2021 1.56

Hi! I also have a problem with my weight too. Although i cant think of foods, im here to reassure you that, even though you dont see a change in your body by exercising, you will see it soon! Im so proud of you! As long you dont lose weight the unhealthy way, you will also give yourself a positive mindset. I hope i can help! Once again, im so proud of you! 💗

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything