Teen Bedwetting

Show
  1. Heart
    Deanie101 / Apr 02 2020 11.07

hi everyone

feeling a tiny bit unsure about talking about this , it‘s quite a taboo covered up topic. anyways i’m currently going through a phase of bedwetting and i’m in the age range of 14/15 i’m also a girl not that it makes a difference however i’ve been adviced to come on the message bored as there might be someone else my age going through bedwetting who’s feeling like i am anxious , embarrassed , ashamed. i was wondering if anyone is and if so do you have any tips to help impove it or even if you don’t wet the bed do you have any relaxing techniques as i get quite anxious towards bedtime and that doesn’t help with the bedwetting. i’ve been to the doctors already and it’s caused by past experiences that have stressed me and caused me anxiety. i hope someone can help and relate in some form of way.

thank you x

2. Loser
    59giraffe23 / Apr 02 2020 23.54

Hi,

I'm not quite in the same age range as you, as I'm only twelve, but I do still wet the bed every now and again. When I was younger I went to the doctor for it loads and got stuff like tablets and alarms but nothing seemed to help :/

I think my best advice would be:

-Drink a lot during the day. (I can't remember why this helps but it does lol)

-Don't drink too much around the time before you go to bed and don't have a water bottle or a glass of water with you at night.

-Don't ignore your body if it tells you that you need to go to the loo, even if you're nearly asleep because it's a lot worse to wake up in a wet bed in the morning than fall asleep ten minutes later than you were going to.

Hope this helps :) x

3. Heart
    59giraffe23 / Apr 02 2020 23.54

Hi,

I'm not quite in the same age range as you, as I'm only twelve, but I do still wet the bed every now and again. When I was younger I went to the doctor for it loads and got stuff like tablets and alarms but nothing seemed to help :/

I think my best advice would be:

-Drink a lot during the day. (I can't remember why this helps but it does lol)

-Don't drink too much around the time before you go to bed and don't have a water bottle or a glass of water with you at night.

-Don't ignore your body if it tells you that you need to go to the loo, even if you're nearly asleep because it's a lot worse to wake up in a wet bed in the morning than fall asleep ten minutes later than you were going to.

Hope this helps :) x

Deanie101 / Apr 03 2020 12.21

Thank you so much ! , i do feel quite alone with it happening to me and not my friends so it’s nice to relate to someone or know that i’m not the only one who wets the bed. yes i went too the doctors too however because i have nothing medically wrong they can’t prescribe me tablets although a alarm might help, i struggle with really bad nightmares so i get so scared i wet the bed but now it’s a regular accerence even without having a night mare.

thank you for your helpful advice i try do them anyway especially two wees before bed although i don’t drink much in the day so i’ll start to up my drink in take during the day so thank you. really random and personal but did you use any protection like drynites as i’ve seen them but i’m a bit too embrassed about them but i need something to keep me dry.

hope it improves for you too , i’m sure it will eventually.

thank you i appreciate it very much :) xx

4. Heart
    ApplePlum / Apr 04 2020 8.23

Hi,

I'm 13 and I used to wet the bed to (up to the age of 12ish). This one trick really helped me- however weird it might sound. Before you go to sleep😴, every night when you go to the toilet say to yourself (in your head or out loud) that the gates of your bladder are chained and bolted or your bladder has gone to sleep and it only wakes up when you wake up in the morning. Just make sure you visualise it to make your brain understand what you're commanding it to do🗣🧠?(I'm not sure if I can explain that properly). Remember that everyone's body is different so this might not work(but I hope it does!)

-ApplePlum

xxx

5. Heart
    ApplePlum / Apr 04 2020 8.23

Hi,

I'm 13 and I used to wet the bed to (up to the age of 12ish). This one trick really helped me- however weird it might sound. Before you go to sleep😴, every night when you go to the toilet say to yourself (in your head or out loud) that the gates of your bladder are chained and bolted or your bladder has gone to sleep and it only wakes up when you wake up in the morning. Just make sure you visualise it to make your brain understand what you're commanding it to do🗣🧠?(I'm not sure if I can explain that properly). Remember that everyone's body is different so this might not work(but I hope it does!)

-ApplePlum

xxx

Deanie101 / Apr 04 2020 11.39

hiya

thank you very much , i will certainly try that hopefully it will make a difference. i’m glad it stop for you ! i bet you felt so happy when you started to have dry nights i hope i stop soon :( i just feel too old for this to be happening still :(. and you did explain it very well although i do find it quite hard to be postive before bed as i get all worked up that i might have a accident so it will take me time to get used to doing this technique. also i know this is very random but did you ever use night time protection theres these ones called drynites and i might have to use them and was wondering if you did ( feel free not to answer that though)

thank you very much !! xxx

6. Childline Avatar
    Lizzie272727 / Apr 04 2020 12.31

I can't really relate, but I know one thing for certain. You DO NOT need to be ashamed of it. Not at all. We all have difficulties, physically and mentally. Hope things get better for you xx

7. Heart
    Lizzie272727 / Apr 04 2020 12.31

I can't really relate, but I know one thing for certain. You DO NOT need to be ashamed of it. Not at all. We all have difficulties, physically and mentally. Hope things get better for you xx

Deanie101 / Apr 04 2020 12.48

aww thank you very much precious , i wish i wasn’t ashamed but i really can’t stop my emotions surrounding it i’m mot too sure why. i’ve had lots of people tell me i’ll be okay it will stop don’t be embarrassed or ashamed but it’s hard to get my head around it. but thank you for your lovely reply , we do all have different difficulties and i should keep that in mind more than i am doing right now.

thank you xx

8. Loser
    Deanie101 / Apr 03 2020 12.21

Thank you so much ! , i do feel quite alone with it happening to me and not my friends so it’s nice to relate to someone or know that i’m not the only one who wets the bed. yes i went too the doctors too however because i have nothing medically wrong they can’t prescribe me tablets although a alarm might help, i struggle with really bad nightmares so i get so scared i wet the bed but now it’s a regular accerence even without having a night mare.

thank you for your helpful advice i try do them anyway especially two wees before bed although i don’t drink much in the day so i’ll start to up my drink in take during the day so thank you. really random and personal but did you use any protection like drynites as i’ve seen them but i’m a bit too embrassed about them but i need something to keep me dry.

hope it improves for you too , i’m sure it will eventually.

thank you i appreciate it very much :) xx

59giraffe23 / Apr 05 2020 0.40

No problem!

I used to use dry nites but they are quite plasticy so they crackle underneath the sheets at night when you're moving around and they're also not very good for the environment :/

I would recommend using a material bed protector/pad thingy with tucks, I just looked it up and you can get them on Amazon for around £15.

I hope this helps <3 and I hope that things will improve for you :)

9. Heart
    59giraffe23 / Apr 05 2020 0.40

No problem!

I used to use dry nites but they are quite plasticy so they crackle underneath the sheets at night when you're moving around and they're also not very good for the environment :/

I would recommend using a material bed protector/pad thingy with tucks, I just looked it up and you can get them on Amazon for around £15.

I hope this helps <3 and I hope that things will improve for you :)

Deanie101 / Apr 05 2020 11.48

thank you again

i have now got some drynites , they definitely aren‘t the most secretest material but there helping keeping my bed and pyjamas dry for time being although now you say they do effect the environment so i will search into getting a pad protector of some sort. after lockdown i’m off for a whole check up and i’ll may be getting a alarm. after i get the bed protector i’ll keep the drynites for nights away ( relatives, family, school trips ect) even though i won’t be doing them anytime soon.

it has helped thank you and i hope you are keeping safe and well ! x

10. Loser
    Deanie101 / Apr 05 2020 11.48

thank you again

i have now got some drynites , they definitely aren‘t the most secretest material but there helping keeping my bed and pyjamas dry for time being although now you say they do effect the environment so i will search into getting a pad protector of some sort. after lockdown i’m off for a whole check up and i’ll may be getting a alarm. after i get the bed protector i’ll keep the drynites for nights away ( relatives, family, school trips ect) even though i won’t be doing them anytime soon.

it has helped thank you and i hope you are keeping safe and well ! x

59giraffe23 / Apr 06 2020 23.52

No problem! (although I wouldn't recommend an alarm as it didn't really work for me when I tried using it :/ but it may be different for you)

I'm keeping safe, and I hope you are too :)

11. Heart
    59giraffe23 / Apr 06 2020 23.52

No problem! (although I wouldn't recommend an alarm as it didn't really work for me when I tried using it :/ but it may be different for you)

I'm keeping safe, and I hope you are too :)

Deanie101 / Apr 07 2020 11.28

thank you ! i am too 💗

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything