I think I’m a young carer but I don’t know

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Temporary07035612 / Mar 29 2020 21.15

hi

my mum has MS (affects her nervous system) and i dont know weather i am a young carer because i help a lot like doing the cooking , cleaning , laundry and sometimes i jave to help her get ready but it can be challenging because she gets so angry because shes always tired so it makes me angry and then when my dad gets back from work hes tired cause hes been working so then hes angry too and i cant deal with it and it effects me at school if teachers start shouting its even worse and i have to try and clam down or go to the toilet its really stressful cause im constantly worrying about her at school even when im going to sleep i feel helpless i cant come up with a cure and i cant help her get better its only going to get worse and my friends all have their own problems so i feel like i dont wanna put anythings else onto them and if i do tell them something i hate myself for it and wish i had never done it i have spoken to a teacher a couple times because one teacher reported me to a pastoral leader because apparently i wasnt myself and she came to talk to me in the middle of a pe lesson and pulled me to one side but i started crying and everyone was looking at me and i hated it and then i spoke to my tutor a few times but i have got worse so i cant bring myself to talk to her cause i feel like she would judge me or tell my parents and i get so paniky if i go to knock on her door i just back away and i cant do it , i consantly feel anxious and depressed and i wish i could stop and some days i can cover it up nut mainly i cant and i hate myself for it cause i feel like i bring everyone down for doing it and just wish my head would stop

2. Childline Avatar
    noone321 / Apr 22 2020 17.26

hi!

hope you're well

firstly just thought id let u know how amazing u are

I dont know how u do it

there's nothing better than looking after ur mother who looked after u when u were little

it must be really hard but know that ur mum would be extremely proud and grateful even if she doesn't or cant

show it

try to get help from ur teachers-they r there to help and will understand what ur going through

it will be hard but as soon as u open that door, and open ur mouth it will be fine and they'll be able to help

hope this helps

pls know that what ur doing is amazing even if it feels as if u aren't doing much to actually help

stay safe and I pray that ur mum gets better

3. Childline Avatar
    noone321 / Apr 22 2020 17.26

hi!

hope you're well

firstly just thought id let u know how amazing u are

I dont know how u do it

there's nothing better than looking after ur mother who looked after u when u were little

it must be really hard but know that ur mum would be extremely proud and grateful even if she doesn't or cant

show it

try to get help from ur teachers-they r there to help and will understand what ur going through

it will be hard but as soon as u open that door, and open ur mouth it will be fine and they'll be able to help

hope this helps

pls know that what ur doing is amazing even if it feels as if u aren't doing much to actually help

stay safe and I pray that ur mum gets better

Temporary07035612 / Apr 27 2020 14.13

thank you so much for replying i thought no one would

in gonna try do something as soon i get back to school

hope you are well too

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything