Message about Childline

Show
  1. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Mar 20 2020 13.00

Hi everyone,

We wanted to let you know about changes that Childline has had to make because of the coronavirus.  Childline is still here for you and the boards are still the same amazingly supportive community you all make it!

But, to follow the Government's advice to keep people safe, a really difficult decision had to be made.  The counsellors really want to support you and they are still there for you.  But, for a while, they aren’t able to come in as usual.  This mean the counsellors will be only there from 9am – midnight.

You won’t be able to speak to a counsellor online or on the phone from midnight – 9am from tonight.  To make sure the counsellors can answer everyone who is waiting, you won't be able to join the chat queue after 10:30pm.

Switchboard will also be different – it will be an automated message to make it easier to get through when you call.

And there won’t be any 1-2-1 chat at all through the Childline app, just the website.

But you can still send a message from your locker at any time.

We know these are really big changes but the website is still here – all the info and advice, the games and self-help – 24 hours a day.  And the boards are always here too!

And because of the changes, we’ll be extending our moderation hours, so you can all keep supporting each other.

Please post any questions you have here – we’re in this together!

Take care,

Jas-Host

2. Childline Avatar
    glitterysparklystar / Mar 20 2020 13.48

ask sam?

3. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Mar 20 2020 13.54

Hi glitterysparklystar,

You can still write letters to Ask Sam! Sam will still be publishing letters each week!

Take care,

Jas-Host

4. Gamer
    Jas-Host / Mar 20 2020 13.54

Hi glitterysparklystar,

You can still write letters to Ask Sam! Sam will still be publishing letters each week!

Take care,

Jas-Host

MARVEL075 / Mar 21 2020 7.06

👍🏻

5. Top dog
    LabradorAlsatian / Mar 22 2020 19.27

Will it take longer for Childline to reply to emails? If so, how long will it take?

6. Reaching out
    jenni21 / Mar 22 2020 20.02

Hi, i hate this coronavirus as everything is changing and i hate changes its like your more alone now as their barley any support out their as everything is shut.

see if this corona virus gets worse to the point we need to get put on lockdown does that mean like childline will keep changing?

7. Reaching out
    LabradorAlsatian / Mar 22 2020 19.27

Will it take longer for Childline to reply to emails? If so, how long will it take?

Jas-Host / Mar 24 2020 13.33

Hi LabradorAlsatian,

At the moment, the counsellors are answering emails in the same way and in the same lengths of time! We'll let you know if anything changes and you can let us know how you get on too.

And keep asking us any questions you have!

Take care,

Jas-Host

8. Reaching out
    jenni21 / Mar 22 2020 20.02

Hi, i hate this coronavirus as everything is changing and i hate changes its like your more alone now as their barley any support out their as everything is shut.

see if this corona virus gets worse to the point we need to get put on lockdown does that mean like childline will keep changing?

Jas-Host / Mar 24 2020 13.38

Hi jenni21,

It's a really difficult time and one that is hard to know how to cope with because we've not been in this situation before. But maybe that's where the boards can come in - we know lots of young people are talking about coronavirus and what things are changing for them but also about what they are doing differently and what things can help.

If there are any more changes, we will let you know about them and I'll post on the boards too. But Childline is still here and will still be there for you. And for everyone.

And we're all here on the boards too!

Take care,

Jas-Host

9. Comic
    Johnnylol / Mar 25 2020 21.35

hi i have 2 questions

1.theres are childline app? if so is it ios only or for Android aswell

2.what do i do if i go into crisis between 12am and 9am?

10. Tech
    Jas-Host / Mar 24 2020 13.33

Hi LabradorAlsatian,

At the moment, the counsellors are answering emails in the same way and in the same lengths of time! We'll let you know if anything changes and you can let us know how you get on too.

And keep asking us any questions you have!

Take care,

Jas-Host

Yeeter-man-101 / Mar 26 2020 6.43

So i wrote an email on monday its now thursday how come they havent replied. Its been more than 24 hours and im just wondering about the holdup.

11. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Mar 27 2020 8.48

Hi yeeter-man-101,

We wanted to check if the counsellors have got back to you yet? We're not sure what the holdup was with this but we hope they've now emailed you. Let us know if that hasn't happened though and we can check it out for you.

Take care,

Jas-Host

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything