Abortion Debate 2.0

Show
  1. Loser
    59giraffe23 / Mar 09 2020 22.40

I saw someone else start a debate on abortion, but there were quite a few replies so I thought I'd start a new thread :)

My personal views on abortion are: I am pro-choice but I feel that people should lean more towards keeping their child alive.

Here are my reasons behind my views: if a girl gets pregnant by accident or rape, especially if she's a teenager, and doesn't have the money to sustain the child, or it would be particularly traumatic for her going through the pregnancy (e.g. if she would be having exams whilst she was heavily pregnant) it would probably be best for the mother to abort.

Here is why I believe that people shouldn't always abort their child: My dad was the accidental baby of a seventeen-year-old, but instead of aborting him, she decided to keep him and put him up for adoption. He is now a surgeon that has saved many people's lives from cancer and has three children.

Obviously I understand that not all children that aren't aborted will have a good life, but in some situations, I think keeping the child would be a good idea.

Please share your views with me, I'd love to hear them!

Elouise :) x

2. Childline Avatar
    -GC2MT- / Mar 29 2020 12.50

I myself am pro-choice also.

In response to the 'keeping the child because they might become something in the future' part, I personally disagree.. There's no way of telling what that child may become, and really most of the time how a child turns out is through how they're raised; if that child isn't there to become something, another child will become it.

Putting a child into the foster system to me isn't really an amazing option, the system is overrun with children looking for a home who a lot of the time don't end up being adopted at all. Not to mention that people who do want to adopt a child have to go through strenuous amounts of checks to actually get the child, which takes longer than you think.

Although I am pro-choice, I have an issue with people using abortion as a form of contraception. I personally think that if a woman is constantly searching for an abortion because of their irresponsibility, I think that they should start being fined and the money used to support the NHS or any other medical services.

x

3. Newbie
    lilysareawesome121 / Mar 31 2020 17.57

some people are homeless and they don't have the time or money to keep the child healthy ad healthy they put the for abortion or adoption so the don't get stressed about it sadly

4. Childline Avatar
    1Chloe1 / Apr 05 2020 11.03

i dont really know what i think of abortion

because i personally think it's terrible to give up a child

but if its because of financial reasons or if you conceived a child on accident then i think it would be okay to get an abortion.

But also, i think if you're good for money and have the resources for a child then i think you shouldn't get an abortion (unless you're under 18)

-Chloe

xxx

5. Bookworm
    lilysareawesome121 / Mar 31 2020 17.57

some people are homeless and they don't have the time or money to keep the child healthy ad healthy they put the for abortion or adoption so the don't get stressed about it sadly

Bookworm64 / Apr 07 2020 11.24

Hi lilysareawesome121,

You made an interesting point about homeless people, however shouldn’t someone who’s homeless simply not have unprotected sex? It seems hugely irresponsible to me to have unprotected sex if you know you won’t be able to deal with the consequences (especially since comdoms/birth control pills are free from sexual health clinics!)

And before someone comes for me with the generic “what about rape” idea... there are literally many adoption programs that help women with housing/finance/counselling and education, so they could try to go there instead of just murdering their baby. In addition many rape/homelessness charities can offer support with these kind of situations.

Would love to hear any responses you have!

Hope you’re well!

Lots of love,

Leah💜💜

6. Loser
    Bookworm64 / Apr 07 2020 11.24

Hi lilysareawesome121,

You made an interesting point about homeless people, however shouldn’t someone who’s homeless simply not have unprotected sex? It seems hugely irresponsible to me to have unprotected sex if you know you won’t be able to deal with the consequences (especially since comdoms/birth control pills are free from sexual health clinics!)

And before someone comes for me with the generic “what about rape” idea... there are literally many adoption programs that help women with housing/finance/counselling and education, so they could try to go there instead of just murdering their baby. In addition many rape/homelessness charities can offer support with these kind of situations.

Would love to hear any responses you have!

Hope you’re well!

Lots of love,

Leah💜💜

59giraffe23 / Apr 07 2020 22.55

I'm not lilysareawesome121, but I'd like to respond to this.

On your point about homeless people, the problem is that people do not consider the consequences, or that they think that they won't get pregnant as it's not 100% certain that they will.

To discuss your second point, I think that the problem is that women do not want to give birth to the child, as it brings them too much mental pain. Also, as -GC2MT- said, foster and adoption systems are being overrun and it's not particularly fair for the child.

I won't reword it all, but I suggest you read -GC2MT-'s third paragraph, as it is stating a good point.

It would be nice if you responded with your thoughts :)

Giraffe x

7. Outcast
    59giraffe23 / Mar 09 2020 22.40

I saw someone else start a debate on abortion, but there were quite a few replies so I thought I'd start a new thread :)

My personal views on abortion are: I am pro-choice but I feel that people should lean more towards keeping their child alive.

Here are my reasons behind my views: if a girl gets pregnant by accident or rape, especially if she's a teenager, and doesn't have the money to sustain the child, or it would be particularly traumatic for her going through the pregnancy (e.g. if she would be having exams whilst she was heavily pregnant) it would probably be best for the mother to abort.

Here is why I believe that people shouldn't always abort their child: My dad was the accidental baby of a seventeen-year-old, but instead of aborting him, she decided to keep him and put him up for adoption. He is now a surgeon that has saved many people's lives from cancer and has three children.

Obviously I understand that not all children that aren't aborted will have a good life, but in some situations, I think keeping the child would be a good idea.

Please share your views with me, I'd love to hear them!

Elouise :) x

OceanRaven / Aug 29 2020 0.18

I have incredibly passionate believes about this.

YES! YES! YES! YES! Abortion is a good thing.

At the beginning stages of pregnancy, before around 20-24 weeks, it is litterally just a clump of cells. No different from an organised cancer. There is a condition called precousious puberty-it is when adolescence accurs before the ages of around 8. Some cases are so extreme you may see someone as young as 4, fully developed (Puberty wise) and resembling more of a minature 15 or 16 year old. The youngest child to have ever given birth on record was only 5 at the time-some 2 year olds are able to conceive.

My sister was 6 when she started puberty-by the age of 10 she was able to birth and, stopped growing at 13.

So many people are not educated about what the conseuquences of sexual relation are-some are raped.

Personally, I havent started adolescence yet (I am 11), however-I would 100,000% stop any pregnancy without quistion.

My mother comes from an extremist cathlic backround. By the end of secondry she was the only girl who hadn't left to raise a child.

The fetal child never had 'life', or, at the very least, our values. They won't remember-they loose nothing. If they are born and circulate the foster system it will taxing for everyone.

I do not understand why abortions are culterly frowned upon, personally-I think they save lives rather than take them.

Sorry if this post sounds so aggresive, I just strongly believe society should understand this is not murder.

-0ceanRaven.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything