Young carer

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Pizzahater / Feb 21 2020 7.15

Hi, I’m a young carer and it can be a real struggle. I have an older sister with advanced microphaley which means she has holes in her extremly small brain. She has Proufound Autism, Epilepsy, Cerebal palsy, and a thousand other undiagnosed conditions under the term “Proufond special needs”.it can be diffucult caring for someone with the hormones of a 15 year old but the stubborn, immature, selfish, mind of a 2 year old. The trouble is, I have Moderate Aspergers, OCD, epilepsy, Dyslexia, SOD and ADHD, despite being intumectully fine,,so can have real difficultys myself. Is anyone else a young carer?

2. Childline Avatar
    Temporary39440818 / Mar 18 2020 16.45

hi, I am also a young carer for my mum. she has extremely sever schizophrenia, depression, bi polar and borderline personality disorder making it hard for me to live with her sometimes, VERY HARD! there are many time where I wish I had stayed in Forster care which is absolutely horrible to say but, and now I am a very hard person to annoy but this gets me. I have often thought of emancipation...

3. Artist
    Pizzahater / Feb 21 2020 7.15

Hi, I’m a young carer and it can be a real struggle. I have an older sister with advanced microphaley which means she has holes in her extremly small brain. She has Proufound Autism, Epilepsy, Cerebal palsy, and a thousand other undiagnosed conditions under the term “Proufond special needs”.it can be diffucult caring for someone with the hormones of a 15 year old but the stubborn, immature, selfish, mind of a 2 year old. The trouble is, I have Moderate Aspergers, OCD, epilepsy, Dyslexia, SOD and ADHD, despite being intumectully fine,,so can have real difficultys myself. Is anyone else a young carer?

FireGirlT / Mar 28 2020 19.13

hi. i am also a young carer for the majority of my family. I have aspergers and so does my mum. my siblings have autism. i understand how you struggle in terms of your aspergers but it must be realy hard with your other conditions. i myself need support and ye....

4. Childline Avatar
    Devill / Dec 07 2020 12.24

hi i am also a yong carer. my little sister has autism and is 6 but her mental age is about 2 or 3. she has autism, and a speech disorder so she can't really pronounce some letters or words. because i am related to her, i have anxiety and big mood swings (not just because of my age) and probably some traits of autism. i have often thought about suicide and have thought about doing it. but don't give up no matter what your situation is!

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything