Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    None103 / Jan 16 2020 15.35

Hello, I'm worried about my brother. He has been smoking and drinking and hanging out with people who do these things. Its been getting worse and my mom is also starting to get worried. Its qlso not jelping that she recently been diagnosed with stage 1 cancer. My brother is not listening to anyone. Today he came home and told my mom to buy him a lighter. I'm worried about my mom's health as well. When my mom left to go to the grocery store today, my brother started going on about how one of his friends stabbed another kid in school. Please tell me, what am I supposed to do? My brother is only 12. His behaviour is slowly getting worse and worse. I feel worried he's gonna end up getting in trouble with the police. He needs help. But how do I help him when he refuses to listen to anyone?

2. Coolcat

Hello, I'm worried about my brother. He has been smoking and drinking and hanging out with people who do these things. Its been getting worse and my mom is also starting to get worried. Its qlso not jelping that she recently been diagnosed with stage 1 cancer. My brother is not listening to anyone. Today he came home and told my mom to buy him a lighter. I'm worried about my mom's health as well. When my mom left to go to the grocery store today, my brother started going on about how one of his friends stabbed another kid in school. Please tell me, what am I supposed to do? My brother is only 12. His behaviour is slowly getting worse and worse. I feel worried he's gonna end up getting in trouble with the police. He needs help. But how do I help him when he refuses to listen to anyone?

Temporary00469918 / Jan 16 2020 19.59

Hi! I’m really sorry your going through these horrible things, and my first recommendation is talking to his head teacher. Especially if the stabbing was true, it’s best if you tell them. Also perhaps talk to the police, as he is only 12 he should get help with his problem. I really hope everything gets better for you and I hope your mom gets better too!

3. Contemplator
    ggg1543- / Jan 23 2020 21.17

Hi,

First of all, try and stay away from your brother as he could get you into smoking as well.

Go and speak to his headteacher about these issues, or ask your parents to. This could get him off the smoking while at school.

After telling the headteacher/parents leave it to them, as you wont want to get into the middle of it.

I hope this helps, and if you need to talk I am always here to do so.

4. Spiralling

hermie02 / Jan 30 2020 23.09

Hey. This is a really tricky situation for you to be in. Please try not to worry too much about your brother, he probably is currently trying to cover up his feelings with harmful behaviour, or acting like he doesn’t care. Try to get him to talk to someone, maybe even recommend childline? tell him you are worried about him, and talk to a trusted adult. hope this helps xxx

5. Childline Avatar

MadelineWen007 / Jun 08 2020 22.34

hi i am sorry youre going through such a hard time i am too and i cant find anyone i a situation like me yet i am a year older than youre brother and i know what boys can be like i dont have a brother but i have cousins and friends who are boys i know this is going to sound weird but yoh might know about puberty and all that by now biys and girls go through changes and boys i know just want to impress their friends and to things that they think is cool which arent cool at all they just want to loom tough . Try and talk to your brother dont be mean and try to stay calm in eorried about a family member whos smoking too try to bot put pressure in him and talk to him while hes in an alright mood tell him how you feel and give him reasons to stop the people hes hanging outbwith might not be as great as he thinks if you can talk to him he kught be aboe to see why this is a bad thing to him if theyre smoking and drinking its bad for their health thats a resson why he should stop too there are lots of health risks if you inow this isnt who your brother is then help him stop i hope this helps sorry for writing so long i hope youre mum gets better and your brother is alright stay safe xx

6. Scientist

Griffindorgeek / Jul 23 2020 12.55

hi none103

you are coping really well try and tell someone like the school like a teacher you trust and then just let them deal with the situation it is scary when someone in your family gets diagnosed with cancer i know because my mum we t to get a test for cancer which luckliy she didnt have i have a bengin version of cancer ehich means it doesn’t act it like a no a tive cancer so yiur are doing really great well dine keep strong

-griffindorgeek

7. Scientist
    Griffindorgeek / Jul 23 2020 12.55

hi none103

you are coping really well try and tell someone like the school like a teacher you trust and then just let them deal with the situation it is scary when someone in your family gets diagnosed with cancer i know because my mum we t to get a test for cancer which luckliy she didnt have i have a bengin version of cancer ehich means it doesn’t act it like a no a tive cancer so yiur are doing really great well dine keep strong

-griffindorgeek

Griffindorgeek / Aug 24 2020 16.13

hi again i juat wanted ti give you some advice first hiw are things for you at the moment and ate you doing alright ? you are ina bad and stressfull situation and you are doing so well. i wanted to say that you should keep dostance from your brother as hie habits may go on to you. you can have a. chance at stoping him hirting other bur smocking is a hard habit to break. you may not want to hear this but maybe getting the police involved may do some good to him you and your family it is tough i lnow butbyiu can take time to consider . it may be hard eoth what is going on but you can also get advice from a trusted teacher and finally how is your mum holding up? i hope she is doing well chemotheropy can be hard so i send my wishes to her. good luck stay strong

- griffindorgeek

8. Childline Avatar

Mal-Angel / Oct 17 2020 17.15

Hes 12..wow to be honest he reminds me of me.. Im not any better then him, the thing is he is at the age that you just say fuxk it i don't care ill do what i want.. But let me tell you one thing when he loose those he care about he'll change like i did.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything