Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    BMO0807 / Dec 04 2019 21.42

So, I am currently in year 13 doing a-levels but I am really struggling at the moment. My grades are okay, not amazing but not bad at all.

I expected sixth form to be difficult and I accept that it is but it is very hard when I constantly feel low. It is hard to revise and study when I'm constantly worrying and stressing about other things and I find it very hard to sit down and concentrate. I have mocks after Christmas, getting us ready for the actual exams, so therefore I need to revise now. However, I am finding it hard to do so. Has anyone got any tips? Does anyone else struggle revising because they also struggle with the same issue? How do people revise?

I feel as if there is a big pressure on me to do well in my A-Levels, especially from my parents as they're forever expecting more and more from me. I don't want to disappoint them. I also don't want to disappoint myself so I am trying my hardest.

Within the next week I also need to send off my university application but I am so scared that the one university I really want to accept me won't accept me. What if none accept me :/ I am just so nervous and scared.

Any advice at all? Advice about anything to do with sixth form, revision, studying, uni, coping with worrying and stress, would be great.

2. Football
    Lockstar / Dec 07 2019 22.18

I'm sorry to hear that this is worrying you, BM00807.

Firstly, it's important that you revise effectively in short chunks as opposed to long, gruelling sessions, especially at this point in the academic year. You still have plenty of time left in the year to cover the content, so don't tire yourself out too early. Try to remember that the mock exams are only there to help you to identify your strengths and weaknesses and to improve your technique, they do not set your results in stone . Mocks are important, and definitely worth working hard for, but they are certainly not worth stressing about to the point that it affects your well-being or makes you feel demotivated. After completing the mocks, give yourself credit for what you did well on, and constructively use your feedback in order to improve your knowledge and technique. I like to listen to music when I revise, some ambient noise can help to avoid distraction.

I understand why you don't want to disappoint your parents, but remember that these are your results, not theirs. At the end of the day, you can only do your best,, and feeling the added pressure from your parents is not going to put you at ease and help you to perform at your best. As long as you work as hard as you possibly can and give it everything you've got in those final exams, then you certainly won't disappoint yourself.

Try not to think as far ahead as university just yet, it's out of your control at the moment, but one thing that is in your control is your exam performance; focus on working hard for those and you can only increase your chances of achieving what you know you can achieve.

Lastly, look after yourself, make sure that you're giving yourself time to relax, exercise, eat properly and sleep. Best of luck, you'll do really well!

Lockie

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything